new machines are fun (orbot)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
bought my Orbot 6 months ago and now am finally starting to use it more.

always fun using new toys.

Cimex is def faster for me (maybe just cause i am so used to it). but nice to be able to pad some grease out of restaurants when i want to....i still Cimex some of them.

it's alot smoother than my wheel-less Challenger. but the Challenger, with all that weight on the smaller pad-driver, is def more aggressive and cleans better in a single (yet smaller) pass.

anyone using their larger 19" pad-driver on their Orbot? i havent installed mine yet.

Greenie

The new weight kit is very cool, a little added weight on commercial helps clean deeper IMHO.

I was gonna run a sale on these this summer with 4 cases of juice and pads.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The experiment with the larger pad driver didn't do so well here. The guys, several different operators complained about how tight the fit was for the pads.

The also bumped a desk, and left marks on baseboard, with the driver being outside the Orbot's head.

After weighing the advantages and disadvantages, we switched it back to the smaller driver and have not had anymore incidents.

I think we will save it for an option in large open areas. An owner operator might not have had the same problems, but we did sending out tech's with it.

Love the Orbot, it gives us more options. 8)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mike:

no just glad's. i bought some 21" Thinones and a green & brown-striped Tuway as well to test out. thus far i've only used the glad's tho.

Greenie:

you sell the Orbot? do you also sell the weight kit?

site addy?

Richard:

yes i am worried about the larger pad-driver for that reason. but being the owner i should be more careful. not alotta machine weight on that outer 2" of pad-driver either....doesn't seem it would clean well to the edge...

Ron:

i do plenty of rinsing with my glad's, whatever are you talking about?

tx --- Derek.

susansmith

I find that Argo & Co. in Spartanburg, SC has very good all cotton pads for my rotary. They usually have any size because they make them.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Ron Werner said:
Been a long debated topic. Don't want to start it up after Brent's posts.

i know, and of course you do, is why you posted :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom