New millennial crowd... They need to suck it up buttercups

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
This is the other Passat I bought last week...I gave it to my granddaughter as her caravan blew the trans....80K..owned by my Audi shop and is perfect..
last pic

20180927_113237.jpg20181011_142250.jpg20181001_155139.jpg

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ever see mama duck crossing the road wit the baby ducks......the last little duck needed a little boost to get up the curb....l guess that's why I'm here...

I was tol there was a reason....

.cides she hugged me real good and gave me the 'expensive Passat Monster Mats that came in her car....GOD.....I wanted them so bad

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
He riveted some fenders on......

Yep...while all yous yahOOs were buying trucks and getting them wrapped ...
I ran the SAME windowed church bus for
TWENTY years wit the SAME direct drive cleaning unit....
Soooo....who's the dumbass now?

Reactions: Cleanworks

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What are they going to do when you're gone? They need to learn to take care of themselves bob.

When I'm gone...? where the hell am I going..?
You'll go 1st..over exersion in bed....
Larry from lung cancer....Fred C will have a brain hemorrhage.....Richard will die from boredom......and Mikey from over the edge of a mountain or headlong into a logging truck....
Ohh and Mark will go from stubborn bullhEDedness........
howz that knee fellin today buddy?

ohh yes..i used to be like that...id freak if the machine went down or for some other reason i couldn't make a job......but in the long term...
it don mean diddleysquwat!

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Larry from lung cancer....Fred C will have a brain hemorrhage.....Richard will die from boredom......and Mikey from over the edge of a mountain or headlong into a logging truck....
/QUOTE]

Knee is feeling really good actually.

This doctor had some skills!

I can bend it now fairly well.

Very minimal pain (off pain meds of any nature)

If I have any other knee or hip surgery this guy is probably going to get my business!

Last edited:
Name
Matt Ross
I believe those years of passats make you remove the whole bumper to change a headlight. Like an $800 dollar dealer job. Insane. I have had a couple tdi vws. Love the engine. The cars are a pain to work on.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I believe those years of passats make you remove the whole bumper to change a headlight. Like an $800 dollar dealer job. Insane. I have had a couple tdi vws. Love the engine. The cars are a pain to work on.

You sir are correct.....I had to pay 1400 to put a $20 thermostat in....but that includes timing belt. Tensioners....and about 3 more years of great driving....
Hey if they were cheap....then Marty would have one....
Unlike cheap Detroit throwaway junk...
European cars are made to be repaired...

If you do the math it is cheaper to repair a paid off car than make payments on a piece scrap for years...only to wake up in fi years wit a 600 dollar piece of crap

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

The newer Chevy Malibu's are the same way. My older neighbor has one and I got suckered into changing it. Have to take the beauty cover off under the hood, then crank the wheel and remove the wheel well cover and there's a bolt up in there to take get the bumper off. I didn't feel like screwing(literally) with the smaller screws on the bottom so left them there and was able to get the headlight out with 2 more bolts holding the housing in.

Then of course two weeks later the passenger side went and went through it all again. Got it down to 15-20 mins per side.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hey if they were cheap....then Marty would have one....
I believe those years of passats make you remove the whole bumper to change a headlight

Like most German design things from guns to cars to wristwatches
good craftsmanship, but WAY over complicated and over priced as a result

if they needed to design a straw to drink a milkshake, their engineers would come up with a three piece unit that requires precision machining at 12 areas and a special tool to assemble it ....

..L.T.A.

Reactions: bob vawter

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

if they needed to design a straw to drink a milkshake, their engineers would come up with a three piece unit that requires precision machining at 12 areas and a special tool to assemble it ....

..L.T.A.
And 3 ways to suck on it

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

..L.T.A.

Actually Larry their engineering concepts are really so much simpler than American nuts and bolts...Audi's and Passats mostly just snap together ...
Kinna lik Latin is more sophisticated than Spanish

Soo... Larr ..is that $975 a solid bid?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

ohh yes..i used to be like that...id freak if the machine went down or for some other reason i couldn't make a job......but in the long term...
it don mean diddleysquwat!
Bawb the good Lord in his infinite wisdom saw fit to outfit me with built-in entertainment. 😏

Reactions: bob vawter

steve_64

I'm glad I wasn't the the super responsible ridiculously hard working you guys were when you were young

I'd have missed some pretty epic shit..............

<-- Gen X
Spoken like a gen xer.
I didn't miss a thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom