New millennial crowd... They need to suck it up buttercups

Name
Jeff T
It’s as if the young generation thinks the things they do in their spare time, is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than the things we used to do when we were younger.... (AND STILL MADE IT TO WORK , ON TIME, EVERYTIME)......

Reactions: steve_64

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm just saying don't judge people by the family that raised them good or bad.

Mark is smart enough to know that, I'm sure .

Kid or adult, you're either responsible or you're not .
By the time you're 13-14 you either figured it out you have to work for your own bike, beer or pot, or be a loozer your whole life

is this generation softer than the last?
I don't know ...I see achievers and loozers both

I've always worked for my own bike, beer and pot to pi55 in
But will admit I'm not the worker my Ole Man was
Two full time jobs for years, turn a big garden by hand every year, build a garage by himself, cut 'n weld steel, lay block...Pop could and did everything by himself

up at 4:30 every morning ('cept when he "slept in" til 6am on Sundays)
Wasn't no quit in Pop til the five packs a day took his lungs

I knew some others from the "Greatest Generation" like Pop too
But those men seem few and far between these days

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Mark is smart enough to know that, I'm sure .

Kid or adult, you're either responsible or you're not .
By the time you're 13-14 you either figured it out you have to work for your own bike, beer or pot, or be a loozer your whole life

is this generation softer than the last?
I don't know ...I see achievers and loozers both

I've always worked for my own bike, beer and pot to pi55 in
But will admit I'm not the worker my Ole Man was
Two full time jobs for years, turn a big garden by hand every year, build a garage by himself, cut 'n weld steel, lay block...Pop could and did everything by himself

up at 4:30 every morning ('cept when he "slept in" til 6am on Sundays)
Wasn't no quit in Pop til the five packs a day took his lungs

I knew some others from the "Greatest Generation" like Pop too
But those men seem few and far between these days

..L.T.A.
I remember my daddy telling about me about his daddy and his uncle Otis in North Dakota. How they made all the kids carry the small hay bales weighing 100lbs to the point all the kids could carry one on each hand etc. His dad could break the steel wires that hold bales together with his bare hand And ya wouldn't want to catch the back of his hand if ya was caught slacking on the job cause he had them rugged farmer's hands..

Great Uncle Otis( my great great) one time was driving a tractor pulling rotary tiller, and there was some torque overload or some caused the tractor to do a wheeling and bucked him off and landed him face flat in front of the tiller. Fortunately, the ground was soft enough that when the tractor kept rolling foward and the tiller went right over him pushing him into the dirt. The only thing torned up was his back of clothe exposing his ass .

That didn't stop him, he got up and ran bare assed after his tractor to retrieve it. He completed the job. He 92 yrs old at the time and kept working till he was 103.

So many stories he told me...

Yup, them old timers were tuff and onery as hell according to my daddy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My Dad was like that
Built his own houses by hand. Did the wiring, plumbing, framing, brick work... everything.
His Dad was that way too.

I don’t remember either of them sitting down, except to eat and in church.

My granddad lost his job at US Steel during the depression, so he moved the family back to the farm and grew his own food.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to work on farms as a teenager baling hay. We did it for fun and a little extra money. My buddy and I would show up at 6:30 am for breakfast but the farmers had been up since 4:30, milked the cows, fed the livestock, etc. We would work until 5 with the farmer's wife bringing us lunch at noon. After we went home, they still had to clean the machinery and a 1000 miscellaneous tasks just to keep the farm running. I would say that farming is the definition of hard work.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What did ya restore exactly?

my friend was GM of a large VW dealership in the area..
back in 98 he bought his wife a 1998 Passat 1.8 T....
well he went and died a few week around when Ken Snow died..
Now she had a new Passat CC and a new BMW drophED and this 1998 Passat sat in her driveway only to be used to take her little dog to the groomer..she couldn't sell it for sentimental reasons.......it's got new everything on it from top to bottom...all maintenance up to date.....had a few spots of rust under the beltline moulding foggy hED lites and needed to be wheeled out....it looks like IT'S JUS LIKE NEW again!
shes happy that it looks lik new now

Reactions: Mikey P and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
20181013_212251.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Awesome. how many miles when ya aquired it?

170K...thats 8500/ year...all new bones in front..springs..shocks...MOTOR....brakes calipers rotors
$700 set of tires jus before she let me have it.TWO timing belt changes...new valve job....i have every receipt since car was bought

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom