New money observations

Mikey P

Administrator
Seeing how I live in a retirement destination community in the past 2 months, I've dealt with this scenario at least four times.

If its a newly retired couple in the house, they overpaid 300 to $500,000 for it, taking that out of the retirement savings..

At bare minimum they overspent $3OO compared to 5 years ago.

Wife takes me on a tour around the house asking for estimates on carpet, tile, wood countertops, upholstery area rugs, etc..

Husband is sitting in front of the TV watching the news with intent focus on the ticker tape below

Old establish money goes for the bid while these new husbands are all stressed out and shit can the whole idea which pisses off the wife.

So now the stressed hubby isn't even getting any stanky for his hang down and the whole houses turned upside down....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Seeing how I live in a retirement destination community in the past 2 months, I've dealt with this scenario at least four times.

If its a newly retired couple in the house, they overpaid 300 to $500,000 for it, taking that out of the retirement savings..

Wife takes me on a tour around the house asking for estimates on carpet, tile, wood countertops, upholstery area rugs, etc..

Husband is sitting in front of the TV watching the news with intent focus on the ticker tape below.

Old establish money goes for the bid while these new husbands are all stressed out and shit can the whole idea which pisses off the wife.

So now the stressed hubby isn't even getting any stanky for his hang down and the whole houses turned upside down....

....and its all your fault.

You are in an eternal no-win scenario when spouses disagree over paying you for your work.

Here's one for you:

Cleaner called in to handle pet odor in a home. Wife is embarrassed about the problem, husband dismissive and treating cleaner like crap. Husband loudly accusing her two little chihuahuas of being the source.

Odor is pretty bad.

When cleaner produces his UV light, the husband goes into overdrive, accusing him of using "gadgets" to "rip them off".

Cleaner is ready to walk, but wife rules the roost and dismisses husband from the room.

Investigation shows nothing in the living and dining areas, and as they walk down the hallway, urine streaks 2-3' high are found on the walls! The highest concentration on a laundry chute, with a lot of urine showing inside of the shoot.

Cleaner observes husband standing in the hallway looking suddenly humble.

Wife looks accusingly at him, and he walks over slowly, like a prisoner going to his execution.

His stammered explanation/confession was that "the boys" were over to watch a football game while she was away, and they thought urinating down the laundry chute would be fun to do. Many, of course, missed.

Wife verbally emasculates the husband, and says to the cleaner:

"What do I owe you for the inspection? He's going to be buying new carpet and painting these walls"

Cleaner, who had all he could take from the guy's early attitude (likely because the guy didn't want discovered by the UV light) says:

"500.00"

She smiled, wrote the check, and said: "That's fine. This will come out of his motorcylce and beer money anyway"

Mikey P

Administrator
....and its all your fault.

You are in an eternal no-win scenario when spouses disagree over paying you for your work.

Here's one for you:

Cleaner called in to handle pet odor in a home. Wife is embarrassed about the problem, husband dismissive and treating cleaner like crap. Husband loudly accusing her two little chihuahuas of being the source.

Odor is pretty bad.

When cleaner produces his UV light, the husband goes into overdrive, accusing him of using "gadgets" to "rip them off".

Cleaner is ready to walk, but wife rules the roost and dismisses husband from the room.

Investigation shows nothing in the living and dining areas, and as they walk down the hallway, urine streaks 2-3' high are found on the walls! The highest concentration on a laundry chute, with a lot of urine showing inside of the shoot.

Cleaner observes husband standing in the hallway looking suddenly humble.

Wife looks accusingly at him, and he walks over slowly, like a prisoner going to his execution.

His stammered explanation/confession was that "the boys" were over to watch a football game while she was away, and they thought urinating down the laundry chute would be fun to do. Many, of course, missed.

Wife verbally emasculates the husband, and says to the cleaner:

"What do I owe you for the inspection? He's going to be buying new carpet and painting these walls"

Cleaner, who had all he could take from the guy's early attitude (likely because the guy didn't want discovered by the UV light) says:

"500.00"

She smiled, wrote the check, and said: "That's fine. This will come out of his motorcylce and beer money anyway"

Funny, I had that leaky tiny dog and UV light situation last week, but the wife and I both knew better and we made the husband leave the carpeted rooms and close the door behind him before we did the inspection

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Funny, I had that leaky tiny dog and UV light situation last week, but the wife and I both knew better and we made the husband leave the carpeted rooms and close the door behind him before we did the inspection

Was he the culprit, or were you protecting the dog?

F

FB7777

Husband is sitting in front of the TV watching the news with intent focus on the ticker tape below.

Dipshit needs to educate himself on derivative trading

Trimming your hedges isn’t just a landscaping term

My vacation community is a microcosm of Old vs New ‘doe’ 😂

Reactions: Mikey P

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer

That's okay, because the couple who purchased their house overspent by the same percentage.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

Exactly… if you are buying bigger then the hit is larger

If they are a retirement couple, then I would assume they are downsizing to a less expensive community ( Ron Marriotting ) 😂

I’m waiting for a complete collapse then dumping my primary for a home on the water

50% acquisition lower of a larger number is a bigger net gain

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Exactly… if you are buying bigger then the hit is larger

If they are a retirement couple, then I would assume they are downsizing to a less expensive community ( Ron Marriotting ) 😂

I’m waiting for a complete collapse then dumping my primary for a home on the water

50% acquisition lower of a larger number is a bigger net gain
We're holding off for a bit. Wife has a new sort of grand daughter and I'm making too much money too easy right now. We will revisit it in the spring. Hopefully Holly is tired of grand parenting by then.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

We're holding off for a bit. Wife has a new sort of grand daughter and I'm making too much money too easy right now. We will revisit it in the spring. Hopefully Holly is tired of grand parenting by then.
Put some of the money in Aapl

It will be at least 50% higher in 12 months

If it isn’t , I will pay your moving costs

F

FB7777

Property taxes are atrocious here and the Cape community by my summer home is 30 cents on the dollar

Nevada is probably equivalent

Like a bloated government, where growth stagnates, the residents get fleeced

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom