New Phoenix Dehues

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Got a price for 1800 a piece. Guy said they were better then the 2000 HT's. Whats up?

Golden Boy

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Who knows "He said guys are liking these ones better then the 2000 HT's. I can not find them on any sites.

Golden Boy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think they come out after Connections.

R200.jpg

Phoenix R200 LGR Dehumidifier

Extra Large Capacity in a Small Package
Phoenix Restoration Equipment is proud to announce the release of its second generation rotomold LGR, the R200. Featuring an enhanced R410A refrigerant system and high-CFM blower, the R200 achieves over 35% more water removal than the R175 while maintaining the same small footprint and lightweight design.

The R200 pulls 125 pints at AHAM while drawing only 8.3 amps. By using Phoenix’s patented bypass system, the R200 will continue to maximize water removal in temperatures beyond the competition’s acceptable operating range. The R200 also offers user-friendly solid state controls which - in addition to power and purge buttons - now feature total hours and job hours.

The R200 also shares all of the features that made the R175 a favorite among restoration professionals. Like the R175, the R200 is lightweight, has large inset wheels, a sturdy retractable handle, and a chamfered cabinet, making it the most maneuverable dehumidifier on the market.

The R200 also provides a number of convenience features that set it apart from the competition. The unit features an outlet grill that is configured to accept a variety of thermohygrometer probes (e.g. Vaisala, Humiport, etc.) for taking accurate psychrometric readings. For added convenience, the power cord and condensate hose store inside the hinged lid, while the stackable design helps maximize your storage capacity. Like all Phoenix dehumidifiers, the R200 also features superior filtration, multiple ducting options, and a built-in condensate pump with 20 feet of lift.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey Dawg check this out too!

The Drieaz 2800i is one mean machine, I'd check it out before you purchase anything!

Drieaz_LGR2800i_jpg_fa3851e537916ec59d8b5c7d90c36c38.jpg

The LGR 2800i refrigerant dehumidifier offers exceptional performance across the full range of jobsite conditions – in low humidity environments and even at high temperatures (up to 125°F). The unit is engineered for the heavy demands of water damage restoration and rental use. A rugged rotomolded housing and durable construction make this Dri-Eaz dehumidifier a top choice for professionals everywhere.

As an Energy StarTM Qualified dehumidifier, the LGR 2800i provides high performance with low energy consumption - 134 pints per day (at AHAM) with just 8 amps, as verified by a laboratory under contract to AHAM.
Item #F410

Product Features

* Built-in thermo-hygrometer monitors and displays inlet and outlet conditions.
* Automatic humidistat control.
* Automatic high temperature mode – no manual adjustments required.
* Outstanding performance at only 8 amps.
* HygroTrac-ready – track dehumidifier performance automatically on the HygroTrac
website
* Drip pan has built-in Microban® antimicrobial product protection to inhibit the growth of
odor and stain causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
* Legendary Dri-Eaz rotomolded housing resists dents and scratches – and is easy to keep
looking new.

LeeCory

Waldo,

I would seriously question the reliability of the advice this guy is giving you unless this new dehu is a high temp unit. The "HT" in the 200 HT means that it will continue working up to 120 degrees. The new Dri-Eaz unit that Richard posted also is a high temp dehu.

My guess is that your guy either wants to move some of these units, or he doesn't know what he is talking about, or both.

You can also get the 200 HT in the $1800 range, ($1850)so it is a no brainer... go with the 200 HT. Or get the new Dri-Eaz 2800i.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-200-HT-Dehu ... .m20.l1116

I hate these distributors that are always trying to rip you off.

LeeCory

This new R200 is just a bigger version of the R175 neither of which is a high temp dehu. Your guy says it's better than the 200 HT... Here are a couple comparisons based on their own specs:

R200 pulls 125 pints at AHAM
200 HT pulls 140 pints at AHAM

R200 draws 8.3 amps
200 HT draws 7.5 amps

R200 standard LGR ability diminishes at about 90 degrees
200 HT maintains water removal capacity up through 120 degrees

Maybe your guy thinks that rotomolded is better than stainless. Maybe he thinks red is prettier than stainless. I'm sure it will a nice decent dehu, but for that price you might as well buy the real thing for 50 bucks more.

Or heck, you can get the Phoenix 200 Max dehus for $1749 and that is still the big brother to the R200. http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-200-Max-Deh ... .m14.l1262

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Steam Brite has the new 2800's for $2049.00
http://www.***************/store/shopping_cart.php

LeeCory

That 2800i looks like a great machine and it has a bunch of handy features including the ability to work in high temps. And at that price it's a winner.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think the 200 ht is one of the best dehu on the market ( have never tried a 2400 or th 2800i from drieaz). i have several different dehu form several different manufactures and the 200 ht pulls the hardest and the longest out of my refrigerated units. i would like to try out that new r200 and see if it does what they say it does. also alot of the guys that i have heard using the 2800i say it pulls more than numbers that drieaz has published.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with the Phoenix R175. For a midsize dehu it looks good, pulls 92 pints aham compared to the Evolution at 70 pints.

Also I thought LGR was all the rage, the new Drieaz 2800i is labelled a "refrigerant dehumidifier" and can operate in conditions up to 125 degrees. Are high temp dehus now the flavor of the month? Does this mean they don't have to defrost as frequently as an LGR?

LeeCory

They are all refrigerant dehu's.

Lgr stands for "low grain refrigerant"

A low grain refrigerant will dry lower than a standard refrigerant.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
take phoenix ratings with a grain of salt. I have several phoenix 200 max's and a drieaz 2000, despite being rated for substantially less my drieaz 2000 will pull close to 30% more moisture than my max's. so that tells me phoenix LIES about their machines performance which also makes me question the rest of their specs on other machines.

phoenix does have some nice features however that I LIKE BETTER than drieaz. I like putting the cord and hose in the top cover of the machine. I also like having a simple on and off switch so that you don't have an EXPENSIVE control panel to replace or go bad. I also like the cheap simple filtering arrangement of the phoenix units.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
steve g said:
take phoenix ratings with a grain of salt. I have several phoenix 200 max's and a drieaz 2000, despite being rated for substantially less my drieaz 2000 will pull close to 30% more moisture than my max's. so that tells me phoenix LIES about their machines performance which also makes me question the rest of their specs on other machines.

phoenix does have some nice features however that I LIKE BETTER than drieaz. I like putting the cord and hose in the top cover of the machine. I also like having a simple on and off switch so that you don't have an EXPENSIVE control panel to replace or go bad. I also like the cheap simple filtering arrangement of the phoenix units.

I like the the smaller design of the Phoenix, but the lack of performance and truth in actual numbers makes me want to buy Dri-Eaz.

leesenter

In a hot environment you need a high heat dehumidifier. Without a 200HT or 2800i or an Abatement Aquatrap your dehimidifier loses efficency significantly at 90-95F. Don't forget with the 200HT you must remove the magnetic strip inside.
In a very hot environment nothing beats a Phoenix Solution on top.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Jim Morrison said:
Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with the Phoenix R175. For a midsize dehu it looks good, pulls 92 pints aham compared to the Evolution at 70 pints.

Also I thought LGR was all the rage, the new Drieaz 2800i is labelled a "refrigerant dehumidifier" and can operate in conditions up to 125 degrees. Are high temp dehus now the flavor of the month? Does this mean they don't have to defrost as frequently as an LGR?

For midsize I prefer the dreiz evolution. I like the overall setup of the unit and the performannce and mechanics built into the machine. I have a few of both, evolutions and r175s and The r175 always seem to be defrosting. That pisses me off. If you take hygrometer reading ( at my elevation- sea level) the evolutions blow by r175 by by clearly better numbers always. The evo also surpasses the r175 by the bucket test. I think the Phoenix unit is well built ( actually super built like a tank), but doesn't transport as easy as an evo.

On the larger dehus I have always been very happy with my 200 ht's. I have mine shielded up and protected , so the stainless doesn't get beat up and so the machine looks sharp - slightly different looking than almost all other 200 hts. I like the Phoenix unit better because of how hard they pull from the start of the job till the end of the job. The 200 ht's perform better when in heated jobs (I heat almost 90 percent of my jobs) than my drieaz 2000 do. I again like the drieaz for the design and layout. I like that in the first 24 hours of the job they pull the "easy" water out faster than most other units. I, again like the ease of transporting the 2000 and how easily it cleans up.

I still have not used either te newer 2800i or 3500i from drieaz and haven't had the chance to work the newer Phoenix 270s.

My favorite dehu in any size for all reasons, performance, durability, ease of use, cleanability, ease of transport, ergonomics, electrical options/setup, and don't forget looks, is the ultimate 340 from jondon. If you haven't tried one I suggest trying before you buy another dehu. If you have had to setup dehus for a long time you will appreciate all the little things that make it a Great dehumidifier.

ormsbyj

I just read this thread for the first time and wanted to clarify two statements...

The 2800i as its name suggests (LGR 2800i) is an LGR dehumidifier. What's cool about this unit is that it will automatically adjust based on atmospheric conditions to deliver optimal performance (including high heat situations).

Second...consider how we communicate performance specifications. We provide specs that are tested and verified by AHAM (not just tested "to" AHAM standards). Real world information is important to ensure the job is managed efficiently and successfully.

Hope that helps.

John Ormsby
President
Dri-Eaz Products, Inc.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ormsbyj said:
I just read this thread for the first time and wanted to clarify two statements...

The 2800i as its name suggests (LGR 2800i) is an LGR dehumidifier. What's cool about this unit is that it will automatically adjust based on atmospheric conditions to deliver optimal performance (including high heat situations).

Second...consider how we communicate performance specifications. We provide specs that are tested and verified by AHAM (not just tested "to" AHAM standards). Real world information is important to ensure the job is managed efficiently and successfully.

Hope that helps.

John Ormsby
President
Dri-Eaz Products, Inc.

like I said before phoenix lies about it ratings, for instance my drieaz 2000 lgr will outperform my 200 max's by a considerable margin dispite the max's being rated much higher.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Based on the spec sheets I think the Phoenix R200 sacrifices too much performance to get the smaller footprint compared to the 200HT.
The 200HT removes 10 more pints of water per day than the R200.
The 200HT moves 79200 more cubic feet of air than the R200 over a 24 hour period.
The 200HT's operating temperature range is 33 degrees to 125 degrees compared to the R200's 33 degrees to 110 degrees.
The 200HT does all that and draws 1.1 amps less than the R200, 7.2 amps compared to the R200 8.2 amps.
The R200 is 6 1/2" shorter and 3" narrower and 25 lbs lighter than the 200HT.
I prefer the manual removal of the bypass strips on the Phoenix 200HT and the R200 over the automatically adjusted fan speeds on the Dri-Eaz 2800i. The Phoenix 200HT and R200 allow me to decide when I want to process more air (the beginning of the job) or when I want a larger degree (temperature) of separation between my dew point air temperature and surface temperature (the end of the job). However I am not suggesting the Drieaz 2800i is not a fine dehumidifier, I believe it is. I think they made Richard enough money to by himself a jet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom