New Pressure Relief Valve for Vortex

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I received my new relief valve from Aerotech today. Since I was doing some repairs and mantenance I figured I would go ahead and switch these out. I must say Aerotech is the bomb, they are so helpful supporting us Vortex guys that were left stranded by that other company, and the founder!

Stock FMI pressure relief valve, started having issues a few weeks ago
VortexTank008.jpg

New pressure relief value from Aerotech, installed but haven't adjusted yet. I will ask some questions here in a minute.
VortexTank009.jpg

Heck, I'll just ask them now. So when I crank it up I should block off the suction hose at the truck where my Y is and should get at least 16 or 17 hg's, right? If not adjust until I do, correct?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the new on is the old Vortex relief valve..pretty easy to maintain and set....

block the vac ports off and set it for about 16....that is all you will need..no since in putting the extra stress on everything and not going to gain nothing from it....

you will like this valve much better...more reliable.....

Billy

Name
BH
I set ours with both ports blocked off at 16" hg as Jim said.

All I do for maintenance on that one is take it off & clean it every so often & lubricate it.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i have the old old style built into the line looks nothing like those, model 777. what did that valve set you back $. mine sounds like there is a rattlesnake is in the truck lol. still not sure how i would retrofit one in the truck without some welding.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks guys. Valve was $205, T was 12-15 and I needed it since valve wouldn't fit the existing plastic tee.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Didn't know what I was missin! Wow, the new pressure relief valve is the bomb! I haven't got to adjust it yet but I am going to have to build up my muscles before I do. Having a hard time dragging the wand across berber much less pushing it for the dry stroke.

The beast sounds totally different now to, instead of the high screaching pitch of air now she has a deep growl about her!

Next, I suppose I will actually add a 50ft section of 2.5 inch hose! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom