New Prochem 1 Step Red Remover

TimP

I got some of the new Prochem 1 step Red remover from John durring his promotion. Anyway this morning was the first time I had a chance to use it. I had a pretty good size red stain. Probably 18 inches by 3 wide and in splotches of course. I first made sure it wasn't paint or ink by using some Vac-away PIG. It didn't do squat so after finishing the room I came back with the Prochem remover.

I soaked the fiber with it and put the iron on it. The first thing I noticed is that there wasn't a bunch of strong smelling chemical ammonia odor like with other 1 step removers. Usually once I get the iron going on the spot you gotta stay away to keep away from the strong chemicals. It was much much less in the smell department. Once the carpet got hot from the steam under the towel and iron it went away just as fast as my other dye removers I've used and had success with. Red-1 by cti, and Dynachem Dye remover.

So far I recommend the product if you prefer to have less smell while removing a red stain. I haven't had the chance to use it much yet as I said but so far it seems good.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Are you talking Pro-Chem or Pro's Choice. If Pros choice I had a great experience with it yesterday, big merlot spot, lots of splatter, Red1 and about 15 minutes dwell and rinse took it right out.

Chads

Supportive Member
Prochems has a new product so call your peoples and geti it to try it out.

TimP

I didn't have enough red remover of vac-away to say if it's any good or not. People say it's the best and it don't require heat. I didn't have that good of results with it but then I probably only had 4 oz in the sample pack.

I also have read that bridgepoints new 2 part remover does good without an iron since it has an activator but I haven't tried it. But so far the prochem 1 step seems to work and way less smell. So if smell is an issue give it a try. Like I said I've used CTI Red-1 with good Results and Cobbs Dye Remover with good results. I've used the prochem 2 step mix stuff and I didn't care for it because of the mixing and mediocre results using it.

So let me put it in a nutshell.

CTI Red-1
Cobb Dye Remover
Prochem 1 step Red Remover

Are all good....prochem 1 step has the least smell

I haven't had as much success with the one part red stain removers. The one part will remove some stains, but the two part is needed for stains that the one part will not get out completely. I haven't tried the Prochem one part, but I will buy some next time I am at my supplier.

I noticed one more thing about the interlink red zone stain removers. In the video they remove several red stains simply by applying the product and extracting. No heat was used. If you look closely at the carpet samples, you can see where the liquid beads up like there was a good amount of carpet protectant applied to the carpet samples. If anyone has used this product, let me know if you can remove red dye stains by simply applying and extracting. If this product actually works like advertised in the video, then this is hands down the best red dye remover.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

Chris A

Name
Chris
well protector definitely helps, my first use was on my 20 year old POS mauve saxony, no protection whatsoever :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom