new rig setup with pics

steve g

Name
steve garrett
finally after like 3 weeks I got everything swapped over into a brand new trailer. there were alot of things I wanted to do different with the old setup and all that is incorporated into this new setup, now I am ready for battle

004.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

Scott Rogers

Looks great, I take it the majority of your jobs are close to the street like that and have open street parking?

Would be tough to use a trailer around here unfortunately. They sure do give you a lot of room for the buck.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
its a 16x7 trailer, the old one was a 6x12, it seems like the more time goes by the more stuff I am taking to each water loss, it was getting to the point with the old trailer I just didn't have enough room, or if I was carrying a dehu and a few air movers it was to the point where working out of the trailer was really a pain. however with that extra room I needed to make sure I could really strap stuff down which I have done with this setup because its large enough stuff could really bounce around in there. I can sinch down 4 large dehus a portable whatever now and still be able to work in there with room to spare.

it will be a little tight in some cases parking at peoples houses, for some dumb reason we are going back to alot of condos and postage stamp lots with no parking on alot of newer construction around here, silly thing is that was already done in the 20's and 40's it sucked then and now. this setup is just a few feet longer than what I had so I should be able to manage

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Steve,

Looks very nice! My only suggestion would be to seal the plywood with Thompson's water seal or clear urethane to keep it looking great. Bare wood seems to absorb the dirt and grime real quick and looks grungy too soon.

Have you checked the change in tongue weight with full vs empty tank? I'm curious because of the forward position of the tanks.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
dgardner said:
Steve,

Looks very nice! My only suggestion would be to seal the plywood with Thompson's water seal or clear urethane to keep it looking great. Bare wood seems to absorb the dirt and grime real quick and looks grungy too soon.

Have you checked the change in tongue weight with full vs empty tank? I'm curious because of the forward position of the tanks.

never an issue with tongue weight, remember I am using a real truck to pull this stuff, it would be an issue with a half ton, but with 3/4 and up a little extra weight just helps the ride be smoother. everything was mounted in almost the same place when it was in the 6x12 trailer the waste tank is moved forward about 1 foot from the old setup and I think the truckmout is a 3 or 4 inches back from where it was in the old trailer. this trailer has a 1 foot longer tongue so I am thinking tongue weights are pretty close to the old trailers weight maybe even less.

Burtz

that lancer is kind of old and wimpy vans and box trucks look much more professional

-JB-

Name
JB
seriously........

no one noticed the Sanitare hanging from the ceiling???????

seriously??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :roll:

Name
Danny Strickland
the cable tie on the extinguisher caught my eye??? nice set up, good use of ceiling space.

are the 4 wheelers on the trailer yores or yore neighbors???

i had a unit front mounted in a trailer, it was a PITA to move around. i agree, a 1/2 ton puller SUX!!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yeah the 4 wheelers are mine, I should even have enough room to haul them in this trailer if I want to :lol: front mounted is the only way to go with this setup, I don't care how you mount it this rig should NOT be pulled with anything less than a 3/4 ton pickup, diesel IMO is also a requirement. I have done it years ago with similar loads with a 1/2 ton and brakes and drivetrain issues were common, as well as excess trailer sway, yeah you could get it done occasionally but not everyday IMO it was also a dangerous situation.

I used to run a 405 front mounted in an all steel WW cargo trailer, now that was a heavy load. I would guess I am probably about 700#'s ball weight. enough to need a man sized truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
You must be pretty damn proficient with that trailer by now.

Looks Premium Steve, great job

now load that thing up with 24 gauge diamond plating

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I wish I had that much room in my van.

The mytee accessories look sweet in there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom