New Rotovac CFX ZX ..monstersuck

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
You can purchase an adapter plug that inserts into the existing 125/250V outlet and converts it to a 15A 120V regular outlet complete with overload protection in the form of a pop-up breaker, or, you can get a step-up/down transformer.

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I much prefer rotovac products over mytee but I feel like I heard an air leak in that video on the mytee, I also saw another one cliff did with about 4-5 different portables including the CFX and air hog, in that video you could clearly hear an air leak from what sounded like the cuff on the mytee.

I have a CFX lying around so probably going to install the new motors in it, either way they seem pretty strong.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You can purchase an adapter plug that inserts into the existing 125/250V outlet and converts it to a 15A 120V regular outlet complete with overload protection in the form of a pop-up breaker, or, you can get a step-up/down transformer.

True Bob, you can use a step-up/down transformer.

BUT, the size & weight of some of these makes them awkward, to say the least.

I have one for my 110 volt Black & Decker Steamer for stain removal, I need a trolley to move it around in it's so damn heavy.
I do realise that heating elements need a much bigger/heavier tranny; but I would imagine, to run the two vac; motors, would also need a fairly big tranny;.

Conversely, other trannies I have for other 110 volt equipment are much smaller & more portable.

Reckon I'll wait until they make those vac; motors in 240 volt for my CFX-15.

Or I retire. 😉

:icon_rolleyes::yoda::very_drunk:

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I was using a Steamin Demon for years in high rise apartments. I was going to buy the Rotovac, but about 10 years ago, the complexs switched from regular faucets in the apartments to fancy ones that do not have the ability to connect to the supply hoses. I wound up purchasing a CRB because the time spent looking for ways to supply the Demon or Rotovac were annoying.

Reactions: KevinL and SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hello gentlemen this is my first question ever on Mikey's board My question is is the CFX ZX A yay or nay ..
Depends on how you are going to use it. It needs to be hooked to a tap for the water pressure. Not always available. Some have adapted pump systems for it. Great vacuum if you can figure out the water supply. They also have the Ranger with solution tank and pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom