New Rotovac ShearDry Video

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't own one but I tried it at MF10. Its a good tool, I like how it handles and the head design. I don't care for the cheap valve but then it would cost much to replace when it wears. It does have the spray back issue but as he mentioned in the video, its not designed to be triggered without being in contact with the fabric.

As far as it vs the Sapphire, its a personal choice thing. I've not seen the issues with water the guy was describing in the video and I always clean with a sawing motion so I don't see any negatives with the Sapphire.

I'd try them both, Ofer is an upholstery cleaner and he didn't like the Sapphire. Mike & his crew clean a lot of upholstery and his guys use it regularly.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What pressure willthe ShearDry work at ??

What vacuum is required ?

Is it suitable for both t/m & porty use?

I've had a few problems with the streaking with the SS, then I change over to the HydroKinetic.

I find the HK very comfortable, but others say it's heavy.

Has anyone compared the HK to the ShearDry?

Current conversion rate is:

395.00 USD =486.904 AUD

Then one must add freight as well. :cry:

Must admit though, I do like the principle.

:yoda:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
What pressure willthe ShearDry work at ??

What vacuum is required ?

Is it suitable for both t/m & porty use?

I've had a few problems with the streaking with the SS, then I change over to the HydroKinetic.

I find the HK very comfortable, but others say it's heavy.

Hi Shorty! I've had the ShearDry for 6 months and I really like it. It looks flimsy but is rugged, head is lightweight. I can either use the TM at regular carpet cleaning psi (300-500) or with my CFX hooked to customer's faucet (50-100 psi). It has a pressure adjuster valve and a vacuum relief slide (which I never use). Will work with TM vac on low or high as well as porty vac. Doesn't streak because it floods the fabric and immediately extracts unlike the SS tool which keeps the solution on the water flow tip with neat rows of water. The ShearDry sprays all the **** over the place if you take it off the fabric (don't do that).
july 14 rotovac sheer dry 014.JPG

Cleans the corn off of heavy soil areas unlike any tool I have used and drys very quickly.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I wonder if it keeps the fabric as dry as an internal jet tool.

Do I understand correctly that it has 2 spray bars and 2 vacuum slots?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I wonder if it keeps the fabric as dry as an internal jet tool.

Do I understand correctly that it has 2 spray bars and 2 vacuum slots?

My normal everyday tool is a 25 y/o PMF internal jet modified to continuous flow. It's not as thorough rinsing as the ShearDry but they both dry quickly with the ShearDry flushing more and drying faster.

25hosecartporty110_zpse22bffb8.jpg

This is how the ShearDry is supposed to spray as depicted in their ads, and hopefully RotoVac will fix the overspray issue so it can be set to continuous flow:

sheardry-main_new_zps8a2813b7.jpg

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Watch the new video. This pic is just to show the position of the 2 rows of offset water distribution holes. The 2 water channels actually fill with water during cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the glass scene, I think it depicts how it does when held flush against the fabric.

I also thinks its good you mention it is not intended to be operated not against fabric. Its a nice design, light weight and cleans well.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas to everybody, the jolly fat man has already been & gone & didn't bring me my ShearDry. :icon_cry:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'd try them both, Ofer is an upholstery cleaner and he didn't like the Sapphire..... .
Richard, I changed my opinion on the Sapphire tool. I like it and use it a lot. It is a good tool:
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index....ang-i-guess-i-owe-sapphire-an-apology.275196/

I did try the Shear Dry tool at MF fest and liked it. It seemed to have had better flow and distribution of water + better flush. However, I never cleaned upholstery with it, so it is just an educated opinion. The fact that it over sprays, when not on fabric, is definitely a limitation that I will slow production, unless compensated by having to do less passes. Art would be one to ask.

None of these upholstery tools can match the PMF tool's ability for detail and reach into small confined areas. And it does not over spray.

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but to stop the over-spray when taking the ShearDry away from the fabric, wouldn't you just let go of the trigger ??

Reactions: hogjowl

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
On the other hand, shorty, in the unlikely event that you were not joking:
Not having a tool over spray allows you to clean to the very edge of the fabric, clean a narrower area than the tool's head, clean areas where 100% contact with the fabric is not possible. All without over spraying and or over wetting and its potential damages & or inconveniences.

All a nice luxury to have and a time saver. It allows for better production rate, while maintaining good cleaning results.

Lifting the finger off the trigger is so 20th, century :winky:

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I prefer the 4" for obvious reasons, though someone here (I forgot who) says and there's some truth to it, that the water does not cover the entire 4" as evenly.

All of these are very good tools.

Name
Steve Lawrence
On the other hand, shorty, in the unlikely event that you were not joking:
Not having a tool over spray allows you to clean to the very edge of the fabric, clean a narrower area then the tool's head, clean areas where 100% contact with the fabric is not possible. All without over spraying and or over wetting and its potential damages & or inconveniences.

All a nice luxury to have and a time saver. It allows for better production rate, while maintaining good cleaning results.

Lifting the finger off the trigger is so 20th, century :winky:

Ofer understands the PMF internal jet very well, however, I prefer the 3". I believe the 3" and 4" use the same spray jet and I feel the spray pattern doesn't quite reach the edge of the tool on the 4". I like to set the water pressure so that no water is misted out the tool when held in mid air--usually about 150 psi. This allows you to keep a very dry work area plus you can also hold the trigger on or velcro strap it on so that there is no strenuous triggering--just clean away very effortlessly, well almost. We keep 3 tools on each truck so the guys are always dual wanding furniture and if one tool goes down for some reason (clogged jet or crappy valve broke) there is a spare ready to go.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Nothing like cutting off your distributor's nuts.

LOL...I was thinking the same thing
just one more reason why I consider rotoCrap as such a wonderfullofshit outfit

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Nothing like cutting off your distributor's nuts.
LOL...I was thinking the same thing
just one more reason why I consider rotoCrap as such a wonderfullofshit outfit

..L.T.A.

Not sure what ruffled Ruff's feathers but it's not very nice for a moderator to slam a company on a public forum. We have spoken to John Olson and he now understands our position regarding online discounting and selling into other distributors territories. We are protecting our distributors...not cutting their nuts off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom