New Rotovac XL kicks ass

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Got the XL's in stock and they are bad ass. Mikeysboard special coming soon. Must call to get the price as I don't advertise below list and you must be a member to get the Mikeysboard price.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They took out the rheostat to adjust the speed? and the handle is a pull lock instead of a button? I'm puzzled by the 3/8 hose when our solution line is only 1/4?

It does look like a heavy duty build (not Zipper build but still built well) and I like the larger size head for better coverage.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
anyone taken them out yet???

because you could have said they were bad ass, in feb, when they were at mikeys...or a few weeks ago at the experience (damn i hate that word....)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
anyone taken them out yet???

because you could have said they were bad ass, in feb, when they were at mikeys...or a few weeks ago at the experience (damn i hate that word....)
We just got one yesterday and I played with it on a couple of rugs. It will go out with the crew Monday.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Doug you can come buy one and if you don't love it after the first job bring it back. As long as it looks like it did when it left you get your money back

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Used the XL this afternoon on a water ring from a sink that over flowed in a master bathroom. Off white frieze was a little beat down but popped back up nicely with the XL. The head even fit under the sink counter with no problem. Not sure what the tech's will think of it but it works great on the traffic areas! :afro:

tngvegas

it looks like rotovac uses the same steel shoes on this one as they do on the 360i. yes the head is bigger around on the XL but if you use the 360i shoes then it is not really a 15 inch cleaning path. The shoes should have been made longer for the bigger 15 inch head. then the XL would really be a faster cleaning head.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
it looks like rotovac uses the same steel shoes on this one as they do on the 360i. yes the head is bigger around on the XL but if you use the 360i shoes then it is not really a 15 inch cleaning path. The shoes should have been made longer for the bigger 15 inch head. then the XL would really be a faster cleaning head.

On the 12" head the vac shoes cover 36" on each rotation (3x12). On the 15" head the vac shoes covers 45" on each rotation (3x15). Even though they are the same cleaning heads as the 12" head...they cover more ground and create a 15" wide cleaning swath thus producing faster cleaning times. The Swoop Heads on the 360XL are a unique patented design that may be imitated by others... but not duplicated.

tngvegas

i didn't graduate from college but circle physics i know is different than regular physics. The 12 inch head has a inside circle that doesn't get cleaned unless you move the wand of 6 inches in diameter. the 15 inch head has a inside circle of 9 inches. Yes the cleaning path is wider but you also have more carpet to clean inbetween the swoop heads everytime you move the tool.

Look at the cimex, they made the heads bigger on the 24 inch machine than the heads on the 19 inch one. I think they did that so that you would clean a lot more carpet with the larger diameter head and larger diameter cleaning heads. It just makes sense if you make the head bigger then make the swoops bigger too. If you made the vac shoes just one inch longer you would be cleaning more area of carpet with less effort of moving the tool. so you have not taken full advantage of making the 15 inch tool reach its potential.

If you don't agree, build a 36 inch machine with the same swoops you have now, the 3 inch ones. Does that 36 inch machine really clean more carpet and faster than the 12 machine? I don't think it does.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Turd*Furguson

i didn't graduate from college but circle physics i know is different than regular physics. The 12 inch head has a inside circle that doesn't get cleaned unless you move the wand of 6 inches in diameter. the 15 inch head has a inside circle of 9 inches. Yes the cleaning path is wider but you also have more carpet to clean inbetween the swoop heads everytime you move the tool.

Look at the cimex, they made the heads bigger on the 24 inch machine than the heads on the 19 inch one. I think they did that so that you would clean a lot more carpet with the larger diameter head and larger diameter cleaning heads. It just makes sense if you make the head bigger then make the swoops bigger too. If you made the vac shoes just one inch longer you would be cleaning more area of carpet with less effort of moving the tool. so you have not taken full advantage of making the 15 inch tool reach its potential.

If you don't agree, build a 36 inch machine with the same swoops you have now, the 3 inch ones. Does that 36 inch machine really clean more carpet and faster than the 12 machine? I don't think it does.

My 20" RX20 in this video cleans a lot faster than the stock RX20 with the 15" head.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1w3Iptd1U

Turd*Furguson

[video=youtube_share;3r1w3Iptd1U]http://youtu.be/3r1w3Iptd1U[/video]

My 20" RX20 head cleans much faster than the stock 15" head.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1w3Iptd1U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Turd*Furguson

I would say it is more aggressive than the RX20. I wish the 360XL would weigh less than it does. The RX20 weighs 79lbs. With the power cord and stock 15" cleaning head the Rotovac 360XL weighs 72lbs with the power cord and cleaning head.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Turd*Furguson

I've had a few people ask so I might start selling them. I do have 2 of the old slow speed RX20's for sale if you want them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
They are $2595 delivered for Mikeysboarders. I think I might have the only one left for sale as there is a HUGE back order for these.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My nephew who is fighting this thing just showed be a thick long shag like area rug, almost Flokati like. It was soiled down to the base.

He used the XL on it and it cleaned up great. He did precondition it and use a crb to get down into the base then flushed it well with the XL. He was happy that it cleaned down to the base. Maybe this rug will open his mind to using it more on location.

It's a nice tool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shorty

Turd*Furguson

Rotovac 360XL video

[video=youtube_share;w3td3j2vJNo]http://youtu.be/w3td3j2vJNo[/video]
[video=youtube_share;Hff0k1fyRbk]http://youtu.be/Hff0k1fyRbk[/video]

Back
Top Bottom