new rug rack

jimmyolas

well, its our poor mans rug rack.
zalanrugrack.jpg

scrubbingruginfoamsolution.jpg

we just got in our new badger today and will be trying it on a few rugs this week.
we are looking to expand are rug cleaning and do much more at our shop.
jimmy

http://www.866fixflood.com/rug-cleaning.html

John Watson

Jimmy, Looks like the backing is already loose on the Faux Chineese in your left hand.. The Badger will tear it all the way off unless you put a plastic or Tevic wrap between them.

Looks like you got the backing wet, beware it can shrink different than the rug and leave wrinkles.

I hate doing thos disposable rugs, but have some clients that just love them. they are harder for Helen and I to process, don't look as good as the others , but we explain it and charge more..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
There is more room in that shop..these pictures don't show it right. Mr. Watson: that's me on the picture holding the rugs,(jimmy is like a foot shorter-I'm 6'7" :-) and yes its wet all the way to the backing because it just came out of the pit. I carefully badgered both of them and we washed them in the pit. We dryed them streched out on a plywood base (nails holding the rug in place). We dry most of the rugs overhead hanging with blowers. Zee

anaroberts12

It seems that the rugs shown are very dirty, but the effort that you puty in its cleaning is quite good as the result is clean rug. Give yourself more time and learn more tricks and methods before expanding your rug cleaning business.
Regards
Steam Clean

In all seriousness I wouldnt mind building a makeshift drying rack so I can dry several rugs at once. Any ideas?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan,

For "outdoor" drying.....

2 Ten foot PT 4x4 post..."Sink the post 3' in the ground"...

1 twelve foot "galvanized pipe"....1 1/2 diameter....

1 twelve foot "pvc pipe"....2 inch diameter..."This to {sleeve} the galvanized pipe....

2 "U" brackets ...mounted to the tops of the 4x4 posts...This allows you to store the
pipes ....when not in use...

Back
Top Bottom