New Sealer & Enhancer W/Video

Name
cameron demille
I have been working with this company Adria from Italy. They have a US office on the East Coast. I have been playing with their sealers a bit and I really, really like them. The Safestone dries very quickly and both leave a super clean surface with no residue.

I made a video after I sealed some Crema Marfil, which is very dense and doesn't "need" a sealer, but you can see the difference here:

The only downside is these sealers do a have an odor, so you'll need to wear a respirator in closed small areas.

The Adria Safestone impregnator can be found here: http://www.easystonecare.com/Adria-Safestone-Premium-Porous-Stone-Sealer-p/sfstn.htm

The Adria Epoque enhancer can be found here: http://www.easystonecare.com/Adria-Epoque-Enhancing-Sealer-p/epoque.htm

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I took a look at your two links. The enhancer says:

This product needs to be applied in

Applied in what? I hate cliffhangers.... :biggrin:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Well, I would like to see a square of polished....

I would bet it would look and react the same to water as the enhancer

How does the 2 areas that were sealed resist acid spills typically found in a home.....? Window of opportunity for ho to clean wo damage?

Thanks for share

Name
cameron demille
Longevity claims?

Does the excess need to be buffed off?

What sufaces dosnt the sealer work on?

I wouldn't make any longevity claims out of the ordinary: Marble, travertine and limestone there is no claim, as the surface wears much faster than granite or another similarly hard stone. When the stone wears or gets scuffed, it can deteriorate the surface where the sealer solids are and the performance will decline over time. ONe granite and similar stones, I would expect it to last at least 5 years without any negligent abuse

I would always plan on removing excess sealer, however this one flashes off very quickly and leaves no residue. It may be different on very porous stones like limestone, where anything that evaporates will typically leave a light film that can be buffed off with a white pad or cloth.

This sealer is actually designed for porous stones like limestone and sandstone. I don't know that there would be any particular stone where I would recommend not using it.

Well, I would like to see a square of polished....

I would bet it would look and react the same to water as the enhancer

How does the 2 areas that were sealed resist acid spills typically found in a home.....? Window of opportunity for ho to clean wo damage?

Thanks for share

I can do that for you, now that the table is polished. I actually am going to make another video on Beaumaniere limestone, which is very porous and will show the color and sealing capabilities a lot more. This was just a quick test while I was at that stage.

This sealer will not resist acid spills, just like any other impregnator. It may add a few seconds at the most.

I will make another video as soon as I have a chance, and I'll post it when I get it done.

It's not a miracle sealer, just a good product I have been working with for a short time and I really like it. Compared to similar sealers, it has a really good price point.
I took a look at your two links. The enhancer says:

This product needs to be applied in

Applied in what? I hate cliffhangers.... :biggrin:

Sorry about that, I will fix that. For the enhancer, on porous surfaces like limestone, it is recommended to be applied in multiple applications for maximum color. You can kind of build it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom