New setup

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
2.5" versus two 2" should be better. A lot less friction for the air to fight through in one larger diameter hose vs two smaller hoses with a lot of hose walls. (not to forget:if your two 2" hoses aren't perfectly straight, then you will increase the friction inside those turns even more)
I like working with 2.5" and I don't think it's a big deal to handle it.

Name
Nate W.
One of the biggest reasons people dislike 2.5" hose is because how much feet you can fit on a hose reel... I like the dry times of using a 25' of 2" whip..

I'd love to have an 870 over a 570... Not much of a price difference between the 2...

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd love to have an 870 or a 570... Not much of a price difference between the 2...

How much?

Jim always blows my mind when he tells me he likes working out of his GMC/570 van more than his Cab Over set up.

His system and tool selection looks so damn streamlined that I'm starting to believe it.

Do we really need Dual Cylindricals and 175s on each day when we have Turbo Spinners and HOSS's?

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

How much?

Jim always blows my mind when he tells me he likes working out of his GMC/570 van more than his Cab Over set up.

His system and tool selection looks so damn streamlined that I'm starting to believe it.

Do we really need Dual Cylindricals and 175s on each day when we have Turbo Spinners and HOSS's?
That's the logic I've been going with for years

Course with Cargo van Butlers you don't have any other choice

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
working out of the van is so much easier then the cab over...my feet never leave the ground no matter what I need...it makes a huge difference at the end of the day not having to climb in and out of that box....with what I have in there I can clean anything that gets thrown at me with no problems at all....

I keep telling myself that if I put another 570 in the cab over I would use it more then the van...but I am pretty sure I am lying to myself....
I need to just sell it and mirror another 570 in a van set up...............

to be honest..the only reason I keep it is because of the large capacity hoes reel that I use for the schools......

Name
Nate W.
How much?

From pricing I've seen online, about $5.5k difference give or take.... That's actually cheap to be able to "Truly Dual Wand" off it....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do tile and grout...but no stone..we don't have that much of it out here to worry about it..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That's what I don't get....soooooo many tile and grout jobs turn into a total scrub jobs, where we HAVE to scrub.. it otherwise no matter how strong we mix the juice -it won't come clean.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I pour on my tile cleaner..and take a stiff push broom and move it around where I want it and as I am moving it a am scrubbing the tile and grout...
makes it much easier to do a wide area with the push broom then a grout line at a time...

That being said...if I have to fight my pre sprays or tile cleaner..it time to change the mix...everyone wonders why I bitch so much about my pre sprays...
but it does not matter what machine or tool you are using...if you chemicals are not doing there job...your spinning your wheels.........

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you gotten some Bio Solve yet?

I bet some of that in your Flex on nasty grout would do wonders.

Floor stripper helps a bunch too.

you do have access to a 175 and a Jon Don Malgirt brush though, right? please?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have not ordered the Bio solve yet but I am loving the red line mix..

I carry flex and floor stripper....
I have absolutely no use for a 175

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have some of there formula 90....that is some good stuff....

I like Flex...it has cut through some pretty nasty stuff......

dilute down the floor stripper into a cleaner and it does a great job on tile and grout...

@LanceInAz ......did you order the 2.5hose yet.....?????

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL Brother!... You know I got the hookup for it too... I just hate wasting $$$ tho...

I will make you a deal.......get your self 50 foot of 2.5 inch hose..cut it into two 25 foot sections....set your 2 inch hose up with a 2.5 to 2 inch reducer at 150
feet...at your jobs..pull the first 150 feet of 2 inch and then add 2.5 as needed....no more 4 to the door set up for a month...if at the end of the month you are not convinced that 2.5 is better..I will come up there and buy the entire set up from you for what you paid for it.....................

and if I am right..( and I am )....you don't have to admit it in public...next event we are at together you can quietly set a beer at my table and walk away...I'll know....

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So, you are saying... for 175' setup, 25' of 2.5" and 150' 2"? anything over 150 of 2" use 50' of 2.5"?

your not going to see to see to much of a difference 150 feet or less.....so after that just add as much 2.5 as needed....I run 25 foot sections on mine so I don't pull out no more then what I need...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom