New to the business and looking for advice

sassyotto

Name
Paul
And the other point I was trying to make is that in MY area it is upitty better off people.
one of my recent customers

IMG_3862.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You don’t need a good wrap to get a solid customer.

wraps are foo-foo fluff
If you have thousands to spend on foo-foo fluff, go for it
Pimp that beeioch out with blazen badazz graphics and disco lights too like Energizer Bunny Capt'n Happy Saiger .....when you have the donut$

but you ain't got that kind of bankroll
when you don't even have as much as bucket and towels to get started
and only have $25k to start up

Clean well lettered van gets you in the game.
Good personality (people like and trust you) good work ethic and enough common sense to do what a circus monkey can be trained to do

..... you'll be farting thru silk in no time, Boy!

1587043130434.png

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
wraps are foo-foo fluff
If you have thousands to spend on foo-foo fluff, go for it
Pimp that beeioch out with blazen badazz graphics and disco lights too like Energizer Bunny Capt'n Happy Saiger .....when you have the donut$

but you ain't got that kind of bankroll
when you don't even have as much as bucket and towels to get started
and only have $25k to start up

Clean well lettered van gets you in the game.
Good personality (people like and trust you) good work ethic and enough common sense to do what a circus monkey can be trained to do

..... you'll be farting thru silk in no time, Boy!

View attachment 98687

..L.T.A.
Look here Larr.....not one person here believe
You even GOT a silk sheet....let alone one of them cotton GAZA sheets made by Mike Lindell of My Pillow.......

Mikey P

Administrator

on top of those words of wisdom, be prepared to recommend QUALITY referrals for other home services. Most customers will LOVE that.
and dont be a one trick pony, clean upholstery, rugs on location , tile, stone, wood, vinyl and even their dog if they'll pay. MAXIMIZE each and every job.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Has anyone tried the purple pillow? I'm curious.

I did. I liked it and hated it. But it’s not the pillow it was me. I sleep very restless and literally toss an turn all night. So I usually drag the pillow with me or end up using my arm.

But someone who doesn’t move much that could be a great pillow. It’s very heavy so it stays put.

I’m very very tempted in buying their bed. I’ve got a nice bed and we have an adjustable base.

One man said three things you should have the best of. Best car, bed and shoes. If you’re not in one you’re in the other!

scotty747

There is an electric truckmount. I turn the key and electricity engages the clutch, opens the water solenoid, and turns on the fire breather.
Just no pretty lights.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
I did. I liked it and hated it. But it’s not the pillow it was me. I sleep very restless and literally toss an turn all night. So I usually drag the pillow with me or end up using my arm.

But someone who doesn’t move much that could be a great pillow. It’s very heavy so it stays put.

I’m very very tempted in buying their bed. I’ve got a nice bed and we have an adjustable base.

One man said three things you should have the best of. Best car, bed and shoes. If you’re not in one you’re in the other!
My brother has the bed and it’s comfy as hell.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
on top of those words of wisdom, be prepared to recommend QUALITY referrals for other home services. Most customers will LOVE that.
and dont be a one trick pony, clean upholstery, rugs on location , tile, stone, wood, vinyl and even their dog if they'll pay. MAXIMIZE each and every job.
Well shit, should I know how to do every job going in? I mean the obvious answer is yes and I would love to know them all right out the gate but I figured I’d start with just carpet upholstery and tile to get started and pick up on more as I go. Definitely don’t want to be a one trick pony haha.

As for the referrals are you saying recommend other service companies they can use (painters, electric etc)? Or my own services? Or if I know I’m not qualified to take something on recommend someone who is?

I have a question with vinyl. How do you go about it? It’s hard to find PROFESSIONAL cleaners working on it. Everything I’ve seen is stupid DIY hacks or the “pro” people using an oreck and fabuloso to clean it. I’ve seen people say a 175 on it too but on a low speed or it’ll eat it up. I know it’s exploding right now in new apartments n homes. My father in law did the whole downstairs in it so I’d have somewhere to practice all the time haha.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well shit, should I know how to do every job going in? I mean the obvious answer is yes and I would love to know them all right out the gate but I figured I’d start with just carpet upholstery and tile to get started and pick up on more as I go. Definitely don’t want to be a one trick pony haha.

As for the referrals are you saying recommend other service companies they can use (painters, electric etc)? Or my own services? Or if I know I’m not qualified to take something on recommend someone who is?

I have a question with vinyl. How do you go about it? It’s hard to find PROFESSIONAL cleaners working on it. Everything I’ve seen is stupid DIY hacks or the “pro” people using an oreck and fabuloso to clean it. I’ve seen people say a 175 on it too but on a low speed or it’ll eat it up. I know it’s exploding right now in new apartments n homes. My father in law did the whole downstairs in it so I’d have somewhere to practice all the time haha.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Start your business cleaning carpet and tile and grow into upholstery and rugs.
There’s no business law saying you have to be all things to every person.
Except for morons trying to be experts on an idiot bulletin board.
Haha ok that’s what I intended to do. Wanted to avoid expensive things like hardwood and upholstery in case I f’d it up. Those 2 I’d especially like to get trained in before I even attempt it.

Name
Jeff T
When dealing with ‘wood’, and I use that term loosely, ALWAYS walk over to a central air vent in the floor, pull the cover/diffuser out, get down on your hands and knees, AND LOOK AT THE CONSTRUCTION...
Some are just a veneer, heck, some wood ‘look’ flooring, is just printed onto the surface....
MDF, and all other crap building materials DO NOT LIKE WATER.....

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
When dealing with ‘wood’, and I use that term loosely, ALWAYS walk over to a central air vent in the floor, pull the cover/diffuser out, get down on your hands and knees, AND LOOK AT THE CONSTRUCTION...
Some are just a veneer, heck, some wood ‘look’ flooring, is just printed onto the surface....
MDF, and all other crap building materials DO NOT LIKE WATER.....

Ok good to know how to check. So avoid water completely on LVP/LVT flooring haha. If anyone saw the picture I posted how would you go about that? Mikey sent over a video of vinyl flooring but it was textured with deep groves. So I see how the crb works well on that and just mopping it up. But what about this smooth laminate type LVP?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom