New Truckmount Decision Input Wanted

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
Thanks for the laugh Mike! I needed a good laugh.

We do more commercial work than residential, only one machine with a crew of two. Floor and fiber care isn't our only work, we also do window cleaning and power washing/soft washing. We are at the high end of the pricing spectrum (.41/ft2 on residential, cost based spreadsheet on commercial) We use a 14" titanium wand on residential and a 13" zipper on commercial. I use the whole cleaning pie. We have 300ppm tds, don't have a softener in the truck, so we run around 200 degrees on nylon and 170 degrees on poly. We prespray, scrub with crb.

My machine is starting to get some age on it and we went down 4 days getting the van worked on recently, now 3-4 days with the machine down. We lose a chunk of money being down that long, and I have no backup machine. I don't want to spend $25-$35K on a used machine I dont't know for backup. I'd rather run my current machine I know as a backup and add a new machine as primary.

We are in the eastern end of the midwest, so we do get cold. I could go on a lot more but...

Hma1972

Name
Carl Grey
Cleanco's are good units. They perform well and you can dual wand. Hose reel in horrible location on top of fresh water tank.
I've had white magics and cleanco's and it is still white magic all day long.

Thinking of looking at the pro 1200 myself.

Can't go wrong with Butler either.

Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

Obviously I’d go with the Butler....

And if you do, get the electric reel , MAX heat and MAX blower

Winter storage is the other consideration , but you’ve been at this for awhile so you know what you can store

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Any PTO unit that you can't do it?
All my CDS's, Pro-1200 and Butler had it.
Just the old style that used propane heaters. All of the heat exchange units should be good to go. Just naming the best in my opinion. Hydramasters are pretty good as well. Have never used a pro-1200.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I have the high heat Saigerized Butler. Saigerized means it's loaded and in the extended van. Very reliable.
I just change the blower and cat pump oil again and that took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Most of the machine...nearly all of it is easy to work on...quick connects or basic tools should you need to make a repair. 10 year warranty...just do the maintenance. Simple and tested design.
Heat and pressure is totally adjustable. Doesn't waste water to control temperature. I live in Florida so have the Butler insulation package. Would be important in cold country as well.
With the doors locked and running there is little to no heat build up in the van.
The doors locked while you are working is nice and more secure when working nights etc.
Happy with mine...can you tell?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I second Bob.
Mine is just Max Heat, larger blower, extended van, Butler Mid-mount, 100 gallon fresh water, regular size recovery tank.

Non Saigerized.

Mark's specific set up, though it works great for him, does not for me.
We all make adjustments to suit our preferences.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
I second Bob.
Mine is just Max Heat, larger blower, extended van, Butler Mid-mount, 100 gallon fresh water, regular size recovery tank.

Non Saigerized.

Mark's specific set up, though it works great for him, does not for me.
We all make adjustments to suit our preferences.

What he got that you don't?

2.5 hook ups?

Mark's is a monster

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have a butler filter box (attention Butler, please make smaller filter Box like SS!!) mounted by the sliding door.

Are you coming to the planting of the 'mountain misery' bush in your honor?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't have:
  • Live reel.
  • 2.5 hook up, and the way Mark runs it with the Y.
  • 210 recovery tank.
  • Filter box at the back side.
  • Butler shelves.

I can't concentrate if all my space is filled up. I need some open space or I get all disoriented.
Why would anyone want to waste space in those vans with a 210 recovery tank when a 100gallon tank is all you need?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom