New Truckmount Decision Input Wanted

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ehh! Mark is a pansie. He was hiding on the other side of the building from my Titan when I dragged my trailer up to Tennessee Mikeysfest for a friendly competition on our setups.

Yeah, I’m talking smack. Where’s That Saiger?

I just didn't want my Pretty Butler to be exposed to "Trailer Trash" 🤭

Name
Tom
I'm considering adding a new truckmount/truck unit to my business and am down to three units: Butler, Hydramaster xDrive, and Aerotech. I've had a Sapphire Scientific 454 SS and have a TCS Chief II. My TCS has been much better than the Sapphire, but I'm looking more at direct drive, and these three stand out to me. Any thoughts?
Truckmounts suck and not the good way. Suction is like electricity so the longer the hose the less suction you have. Then you want to burn gas while cleaning carpets? Bad move. Get yourself a nice portable and upgrade the inside. Cheaper, better, and customers can see the dirt and the work you're doing.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Tom
Why would anyone want to waste space in those vans with a 210 recovery tank when a 100gallon tank is all you need?
Who uses 100 gallons to clean carpets?!? Jeez now I know why my new clients that call ask when they will be dry. I use 3 gallons for a dinning, living, tv room. No need to soak the carpets. That's one of many reasons why I got rid of mine

Name
Lee Stockwell
Truckmounts suck and not the good way. Suction is like electricity so the longer the hose the less suction you have. Then you want to burn gas while cleaning carpets? Bad move. Get yourself a nice portable and upgrade the inside. Cheaper, better, and customers can see the dirt and the work you're doing.
You are absolutely clueless

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Who uses 100 gallons to clean carpets?!? Jeez now I know why my new clients that call ask when they will be dry. I use 3 gallons for a dinning, living, tv room. No need to soak the carpets. That's one of many reasons why I got rid of mine
Tell us more about your business? How long have you been buffing carpet? How many active customers do you have? And what’s your percentage on repeat business?

Name
Jeff T
So, you clean a load of laundry with 1/2 gallon of water then? Or better yet, you wear the same clothes for 2 weeks? That’s what you’re implying...

Name
Tom
Cute web page too, you do know steam carpet cleaning hasnt been around since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye? Who uses steam?? That's false advertising

Name
Lee Stockwell
Cute web page too, you do know steam carpet cleaning hasnt been around since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye? Who uses steam?? That's false advertising
Is your last name Bane?

220 deg F. & 800 psi ripping greasy filth off a truck terminal call-center at near 1000sf/hr will make you a believer.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
BradFenstermaker
Haven't owned either Butler or Cleanco before. But I saw a Cleanco 47 at a trade show with basically the whole back half empty. TM was all contained within the side doors.

Sounds like you need some space if you do other services. Butler's just seem super tight to me in the back as far as storage goes. But I know several very happy Butler owner's.

Name
Jeff T
Haven't owned either Butler or Cleanco before. But I saw a Cleanco 47 at a trade show with basically the whole back half empty. TM was all contained within the side doors.

Sounds like you need some space if you do other services. Butler's just seem super tight to me in the back as far as storage goes. But I know several very happy Butler owner's.
I’ve got a Cleanco Compact 47 extended 1 ton. I’m 6’3, and I can lay down it the back of the van. Do I need all that extra room? Heck yeah. Unless you’re a guy who only does 150’ hose runs max, and only residential, I use the extra space all the time. I can put all 250’ of 2.5 hose, extra solution hose, chems, my commercial trolley cart, rugs if need be, Cimex machines, porty etc....
I don’t know how guys operate without the extra room...

gr4474

more water equals more dirt being cleaned and flushed. Also pre-spray needs to be flushed out. Basic

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom