New Truckmount on the way....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I went and did it. Bought a New Butler and GMC one ton extended. It will be done by Friday and probably here in another week. Did the math and believe it will be a huge savings over the next 5 years with the warranty on it. My other second Butler (97)is sold. My brother bought it for his second unit since everything is essentially new on it. So the one I bought last year (02) will be my second unit and back up unit.

New Butler is updated with larger reel for 2.5 inch hose and also can be used as a live reel for 2.5. High heat option, 210 gallon waste tank still with an APO, waste basket in the back which is suppose to be updated also. All the bells and whistles. Not sure how I am going to use and plumb the 2.5 hose reel yet. I will keep everyone posted if it actually works and can drag in 2.5 hose with the new electric reel also.

Gonna tweak our vinyl wrap a bit, have new custom wheels and our special "get through everything" tires on the way.

Yes, business has been very good but we are still keeping our fingers crossed that it will continue.

Hope you all have a successful remaining year as well!

Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris

That's awesome, a 2.5 live reel would be sweet! Don't forget to post pics when you get er home!

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Your all welcome,i see my constant visiting and naggin had worked lol...

Now i got to find out the delivery so when you open the door the hidden helper(me) gets delivered...

We been over there quite alot assisting with r/d on dat reel...

Mine works very well...Especially since change over from the reuducer kuff.I had been using to reel...

Congrats you goin with those silent armors also for tires?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yep,

Goodyear Wrangler Prograde, Silent Armor's

They are fantastic!

When you get here Caesar , I will have a cold one waiting....and a long list of jobs you're coming out on the job site with me to help!

Would be great seeing you!

Mark

Good luck with the new truck. Are the guys at Butler not the best! They always just quietly/slowly move ahead. As it looks like you are Mark. Ron

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Did they make the security door larger to accommodate the 2 1/2" vacuum hose? When I run the solution line and 2 1/2" vacuum hose through the security door it is a tight fit.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Congrats!

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks guys!

On the security door, I had them add a second one to the side door. That is what I did just this past year on my newer van. Works great and pretty easy to do.

Mark Saiger

Name
Kevin McCreary
Did you get the 45 blower or the 47 blower, I think they call it a 5.8
or something like that?
I always ran mine in mach 2 to get enough power, do they still offer that feature?
It kicks the R.P.M.S. up to like 1700 from around 1500.
Also does Butler use electronic throttle control like Cleanco and Hydramaster
or still the vacuum pod with the little chain that pulls the throttle. I always
hated how it bogged down so much under a load. I know when I was talking about
my old Butler to Ken Snow he told me its not fair to compare the old ones to the new ones,
so I figured they upgraded of some of that old school technology. I also remember I had to
change the needle valve on the cc meter to a surgical stainless steel one and change the cc
meter to a gph meter to get the pulse pump to work every day. As far as reliability though
I don't know if there is a tougher machine out there, it did get me through every job I used it on.
It also held it resale value well. Even with 4500 hours and 120,000 miles.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Lyman,

Mine is on the line right now and scheduled to be done on Friday. Let me know how it looks and if there is anything else I should add to it while it is there, have them call me and let's get it on it.

I got the larger blower which is a Tuttil 47 or known as the 5.8 and the high heat option. The RPM's are now controlled by electronics and keep the system at a steady 1700 RPM. No Bog. I have also heard there is a place you can get this modified if you want to run higher RPM's. I heard that last year while at the Florida Connections.

I have a call into Greenie right now to get back to me also. I already have a modification in mind so I can carry the maximum amount of 2.5 inch hose with a 2 inch lead line and make the hose live or not live. Pretty simple, but I am looking for the maximum lift and air flow possible.

It's hard to keep anything stock coming from my old days as a racer!

Mark Saiger

Name
Kevin McCreary

That makes me want one again, in the Kodiak truck of course!
I wonder if a bayco valve would help a Butler?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I live in New England and don't keep my Butler in a heated garage. The fresh water quick drain valve and hose makes nightly winterizing go faster. The quick drain valve is $145 and hose $50. It is a option you may want to consider.
Did you get the cargo heater system? If so I would appreciate any feed back on it.

Bob Foster

Congratulations. Nothing like having nice equipment set up the way you want. Nobody ever gets it right the first time they buy and over the years you know exactly what you want and then the package comes together offering a boost in productivity and a bit of a break-fix honeymoon after you work out the kinks.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
No Cargo heater. Asked but they are not really ready for a cargo van and they take up a bit of room. They are designed more for their cube vans I am told.

I actually have a heated shop being from Northern Minnesota. I don't dare leave it outside in the cold temps unattended. But thanks for the thoughts on the other items. They are definately worth it for quick winterization.

Mark

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
I don't know how to post pix. But wev'e got an older 93 Butler rebuilt/reconditoned with LIVE 2.5" vac reels. It holds 100' 2.5" and 25' 2". It also has a 15% sped up blower. I can email pix if someone would post them.

By using GreenGlides on the wand there is no extra strain on the driveshaft/clutch with the extra 15% CFM pulley. Maybe Butler can think about that.

Thx,
Dale

Steve Smith

"I got the larger blower which is a Tuttil 47 or known as the 5.8 and the high heat option. The RPM's are now controlled by electronics and keep the system at a steady 1700 RPM. No Bog."

It's probably been asked and answered before, but what is the blower rpm at 1700 rpm?

Mike Draper

Couple of things I'd like to know.....1. How long is the hose reel (from edge to edge of pvc pipe) 2. how much 2.5 hose are they saying you can put on the machine? Thanks

CarpetKING

Mark enjoyed talking with you the other day and congrats on the new butler. I just got back from jacksonville fla with an awesome deal on a El Diablo (40 hr demo) and a van full of accessories. Gonna install myself sometime this week.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The high heat option gets you a trilobe blower that is dual splash, no more greasing every month. Your truck was almost done. That is a big waste tank. The casting on the tri was much beefier the a two lobe design. I can't remember if yours had it, they can put a overhead light in the side and back for 150. I just got my quotation package in the mail, looks like a new one for me also.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Wow! A trilobe. I thought it was only a twin. I was told I wouldn't have to grease it anymore, but then there could be some other problems if oils isn't change enought.

Can't wait to get it! I am booked out about 3 weeks for carpet cleaning with 3-5 big jobs a day and we just squeezed a water damage in today between my cc jobs. Even working Saturdays and Sundays. The resorts are now calling too. Man, I hope the year keeps up like this, but I also hope I can get a few days off to enjoy the jet skis and pontoon boat.

Thanks again for checking on the system.

Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We got the high heat on one we bought last summer, it smokes! Good choice!

The 210 waste tank is on both our Butler in a Box and our extended body Chevy, makes dumping issues a thing of the past.

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom