New uniforms, what do you guys wear?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
<object class="hark_player" height="28" width="300">

<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=rfpwysdbcz" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" height="28" width="300">
</object>

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear.<script src="http://b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js?c1=7&c2=9304640&c3=1&c4=&c5=&c6="></script>

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We never have.

We buy shirts, t-shirts, pants, jackets, fleece pullovers, coats hats and gloves but have never bought shoes.

I think if we did I'd give them a yearly allowance for them and let them pick them out. Bring me a receipt and show me the shoes and I'd reimburse them.

I really wouldn't want to hear how the shoes I bought made their feet hurt or something crazy like that.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You want cotton and very roomy.

Hey, do you guys buy your employees work shoes?

Ah, cotton. For hundreds of years it represented the epitome of cool summer wear. It came from down south in the land of cotton. Picked by our own happy slaves. What could be more American than that?
Zxmbie8dfkI

If you want to look splendiferous when you arrive at your first job, a cotton polo shirt with your company name will do the job. If you actually do the work, however, the cotton shirt will be soaked with sweat within the first fifteen minutes, and will become an albatross across your neck. In modern day America, those of us who actually do the work, and don't want to look like ridiculous sweating pigs wear shirts that wick the moisture and continue to look good. There are many options that are both functional and beautiful. Look at the clothes they have available for golfers in your local department stores. These work well in our industry.
Here I'm wearing a wicking golf shirt that still looks good after sweating into it for eight hours:
GEDC1647_zpsd29df8f3.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I tried those polyester shirts and hated them. They absorb nothing and it feels like you're in running water, only it is sweat.
Pretty much like an olefin carpet. It does not breathe. It just doesn't hold any moisture.

With these Poly shirts you'll can actually feel (and personally track) each and every individual drop of sweat as it finds its way all the way down to the bottom of your shoes.

Give me cotton any day. Just take a few of them with you.

P.S. And that is from somebody, unlike Art or Chavezico, that actually cleans for a living. :winky:

Willy's way is also rock solid, as Mardie who was practically raised by Willy, can attest. And see what happened to him.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks great Tom!

Man do I HATE Cintas. Terrible service from them. We get our order crushed and wrinkled. Stains from other companies clothing. A pen would explode and we'd get back ink covered clothing. We'd complain and document it in there book but it never changed. Missing garments, one guy got three shirts and one pain of pants out of his set. One of the shirts was from a transmission shop.

We notified them we were done. Had enough and told them to pickup there stuff. They came and dropped the clean which I personally put back on their truck. The driver got pissed at me for getting into his truck. I wouldn't have but he was going to leave the uniforms. He ordered me out of his truck and I ordered him off our lot. LOL

They called and threatened Dan and he can keep pretty cool but they eventually broke him down. He told they do what you want but if they didn't let us out he would make it him lifes work to fllow their truck around and tell each of their customers how poorly they treated us. He said "and I have the time to do it".

Never saw someone so interested in my dirty clothes. Fookin uniform Mafia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Lyon
We use Cintas. $1 day per man. They launder. Includes pants and shirt. They change to shorts in the summer. Each guys has 11 sets.
We supply the guys with a lands end coat that we have done and 2 times a year they get new shoes.

View attachment 4722

I used to wear shorts in the summertime, it gets in the 100's in the summer here, I quit wearing shirts after board members laughed, and made fun of them and said it was unprofessional to wear shorts, even the Stanley that I used to work for had a no shorts policy, but the owner let us wear them anyways. I'd ditch the black shoes, I've heard that customers eyes are drawn to the dark shoes and may subconsciously think they're dirty. I wear white sneakers, I get them for $15 at Costco and less than $20 at walmart. Used to change them monthly

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Khaki pants and cotton T-shirt or polo. But I'm with you guys and cotton is a must for me because I can't stand the way the others feel when you do sweat. Luckily in Southern California we don't get humid too often so you don't sweat too bad down here

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I buy the drift type shirts from Academy and Aramark. Techs love them. We also buy black shorts in the golf section - don’t wrinkle or show stains \ dirt. Thinking about shoes, too. I like the idea of having them give me the receipt and they pick what they want.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks great Tom!

Man do I HATE Cintas. Terrible service from them. We get our order crushed and wrinkled. Stains from other companies clothing. A pen would explode and we'd get back ink covered clothing. We'd complain and document it in there book but it never changed. Missing garments, one guy got three shirts and one pain of pants out of his set. One of the shirts was from a transmission shop.

We notified them we were done. Had enough and told them to pickup there stuff. They came and dropped the clean which I personally put back on their truck. The driver got pissed at me for getting into his truck. I wouldn't have but he was going to leave the uniforms. He ordered me out of his truck and I ordered him off our lot. LOL

They called and threatened Dan and he can keep pretty cool but they eventually broke him down. He told they do what you want but if they didn't let us out he would make it him lifes work to fllow their truck around and tell each of their customers how poorly they treated us. He said "and I have the time to do it".

Never saw someone so interested in my dirty clothes. Fookin uniform Mafia.

Their sales staff is actively out trying to kick my teeth in every day, so i stay far away from that crew.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Uniform Mafia. Give them your underwear once and they are hooked. :p

No joke!

I have one customer we do tile work for that we can't even bid on the carpet because some idiot executive signed a 10 year contract years ago.
YES a ten year contract !!! :eekk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom