New uniforms, what do you guys wear?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't know how you Lord types can keep your khaki pants looking good. When I had them, just walking out the house to the van would get them looking nasty.

Strictly black pants for me. I'm considering zebra design.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too much cotton you need a blend. (8-oz. 65% polyester/35% cotton twill) They look great and wash up well.
Once a year I'll buy each guy a couple pair just to keep their set looking crisp.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Every time these threads come up I say the same thing. For most cleaners the best advice is to lose the Velcro shoes, quit pulling your pants up to your neck (over the belly), and quit using your shirt as a coffee sponge/napkin. One other thing, maybe don't be 80 pounds overweight and shower every morning. I'll go to my grave saying it's not so much what you wear but how you present yourself. I guarantee I can go in to a house with khaki shorts and a dry fit embroidered t shirt, and look every bit as professional as the hack in dress pants. It's how I (or you) can present yourself, are you knowledgeable, can you carry a conversation, are you an EXPERT!!!! Keep it simple, be comfortable, and don't be an idiot!!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Every time these threads come up I say the same thing. For most cleaners the best advice is to lose the Velcro shoes, quit pulling your pants up to your neck (over the belly), and quit using your shirt as a coffee sponge/napkin. One other thing, maybe don't be 80 pounds overweight and shower every morning. I'll go to my grave saying it's not so much what you wear but how you present yourself. I guarantee I can go in to a house with khaki shorts and a dry fit embroidered t shirt, and look every bit as professional as the hack in dress pants. It's how I (or you) can present yourself, are you knowledgeable, can you carry a conversation, are you an EXPERT!!!! Keep it simple, be comfortable, and don't be an idiot!!!

You can say that about any of these subjects when you isolate them like this.
Sales/marketing is about all these little yeses, little wins leading up to the big one.

No different then the steps you follow to clean.

This is an easy, cheap investment that is guaranteed to have value.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If you don't think americans judge you based on what you look like, dress, car, etc then you are not paying attention.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I agree Shane. My point is this: go to your distributor's next "free" class put on by Pros Choice or whoever. Look at how 90% of the cleaners are dressed and present themselves. This is one thing I've never understood in 12 years in this business. It doesn't take anything fancy or expensive to look clean and presentable.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Because when we are in our shop with the doors closed and no customers are present and the tech is wearing his shoes that he has just for rug cleaning our customers are always completely impressed.

Its the little things that make the biggest impression.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I would not do business with cintas as they are a competitor of mine. We just got wicking shirts from customink. They are called badger b dry shirts. So far so good. Roughly $20/shirt with logo front and back on order of 25.

Name
I'm Rick James
Because when we are in our shop with the doors closed and no customers are present and the tech is wearing his shoes that he has just for rug cleaning our customers are always completely impressed.

Rug cleaning shoes? Does that mean he slip on a different pair of shoes when he walks on clean area rugs and slips them off when he is walking around on the shop floor? Should do something different when the customer is looking :) Sorry I am very ocd about shoe covers and clean carpets.. don't mean to give you too much of a hard time. :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Brent not to pick on you but think about it.

If you're saying shoe covers should be worn when rolling up rugs because shoes can pick up dirt. Won't the shoe covers just attract the same soil and you're back to square one?

Reactions: Moser Brothers
Name
I'm Rick James
Brent not to pick on you but think about it.

If you're saying shoe covers should be worn when rolling up rugs because shoes can pick up dirt. Won't the shoe covers just attract the same soil and you're back to square one?

Yeah probably but why would you wear clean shoe covers all over a shop floor.. takes 2 seconds to put on and take off. ;)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shoe covers are a show, an illusion. No need for that in plant, in my opinion.

But that's the great thing about this business is you operate it how you best see fit.

Reactions: SamIam

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Can I be yur Fan Boy?

Puleeese : )

Chris

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom