New Vacuum

Bjorn

FOOKING TROUBLE MAKER

what vacuum should I buy.

ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
All this talk about how important vacuuming is, got me thinking that my Bissell just doesn't have the image that I'm going for. I don't want to show up and start vacuuming with something that my customer can buy at Costco. Which "professional" vacuum would be the most impressive to customers. I want to charge more and I need to justify my higher prices.

Yes, I'm for real.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i just bought a sanitaire commercial up rite on craigs list 20.00 280.00 new it is in new condition,,,i feel like i hit the lotto

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
get the sanitaire commercial. Show the customer the aluminum beater bar and brushes. Get the one with a dirt cup and show the customer how much you get out of their carpet. I love mine. I did buy the 16" version which I had to buy and install the dirt cup kit. Plus the things are available for around $250 delivered and will last and last.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We use bissel powerforce, Sanitaires 888's, Kirby G series, Oreck XL Sanitaire SC9050 and right now have a Sanitaire 5845 on the way.. ( Sanitaire bagless HEPA upright commercial series.) The Kirby has the best performance but is outrageously over priced and I hate not knowing what i'm pulling out... I use it on health consious consumers becuase its hermedically sealed and double hepa filterd with the disposable bags and out bag.

The Sanitaires 888 or similar design are just work hour rugged vacuums just keep working. We use these post vacuuming rugs. And occasionaly prevaccing rugs after we badger them. F/G bags are a little cheaper than the kirby's to fill with fluff.

I like the Bissel Powerforce on the truck because its very easy to blow out the filters each job with the compressor and I can see exactly what I get out. And like I've said other posts... I always get a dirt cup or two often times more. Regardless of what alot of cleaners want to believe.. every customer that sees the dirt cup immediatly feels better about their decision to have their carpets cleaned. They see tangible soil that was removed and that justifies the value of the cleaning even before I bring the hoses in.

But like you I wanted to have a vacuum that the homeowner doesn't have normal access to. Though I've steered many a customer to the bissels for their second vacuum or pet vacuum. But we are getting the Santiare 5845 in and I'll be putting it through its paces.

The Oreck XL was given to us by Oreck in one of their first testing programs... its ok for surface dirt and that is about it. The model they gave us died and went bye bye.

For our showroom, we have been using the Sanitaire SC 9050. Its feels alot like modernized 800 series. Magneisum handle and body, hard body molded motor housing, easy belt access, Z style easy exchange bags. And at only 5 amps, doesn't risk blowing fuses. Yet even at 5 amps. this vacuums has some awesome suction. Its half the amp draw of the regualr commercial series but only loses a few cfm.. however the design is more efficient that is picks up just as much. Not to mention its nice and lite. We orginally got two of these vacs.. one for my fathers home so mom could take it up and down stairs easier and one for the showroom. Great little vac though and built very well. . . if you like bagged vacuums.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Just received our new 2010 Proteam 15XP. Had to get a back up POS Bissell - the $49 one, while i waited for the Proteam, I wanted to cry...

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My wife bought a Sanitaire SC887B (dirt cup) today ($299) to use at the church where she volunteers. I vac'ed my house and filled a cup. My Royal Commercial seems more powerful. It definately picks up dog hair much better.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well so far.. construction is very nice fit and finish. We ended up with black version, but huge duskcup compared to the bissels. great suction out of the hose. We'll see how it does on a dirty carpet. the entry mats always use an initial judge point.

Started with Kirby and empty bag, vacuumed the traffic mat (woven wool berber) Then went over again with the new fac, brand new and pulled out a hand full of dirt and lint. So intital test, I like it. Defanatly alot better professional image. But we'll see on the next job how much I can pull out.

-JB-

Name
JB
Maybe i should start a POS Bissel netwerk!

PS Mikey...

get yer own bags! :mrgreen:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Biesel and I don't like it.
The brush is too aggressive and pulls out too much of the carpet's fiber. Yes it gets out the dirt well, it also to my opinion damages the carpet.

Who makes a good vacuum cleaner that has:
  • A removable cup so the client can see what comes out.
    A good belt (not like the old rounded rubber band the Sanitaires have that need to be constantly changed.)
    That is easy to service.
    Looks professional
    And yes- DURABLE

I would not mind paying good money for that.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Thats not carpet fibers being pulled out.. that is lint and fibers damaged from the dry soil that usually don't pull out.
Trust me the bissel brush roll is not too aggressive. We can take it on a brand new piece for hours and not pull any of the fibers out. But take it to an older piece and bamn.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think I may agree with Sweeny, but hell, I zoned out twice trying to read his post. Good grief!

Mike is right, the Shark vac is the best one out there, but only because the Dyson takes so much heat from the mills regarding voiding warranties. The Shark vacuums just as well as the Dyson, and if it did not have such a small head and dust cup on it I would prefer it over the Dyson. They make larger Shark vacuums, but they are more than the price Mikey quoted. I bought my wife a Shark several months ago and I use it when I clean our house carpets. We have two dogs (thanks to Lizza) and they both are quite hairy. I have to empty that darn dust cup so often that I fell like it takes me twice as long to vacuum as it would with my Dyson.

So, if you have $500 to spend, get a Dyson.

If you only want to spend $150, get a Shark.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
What about MIELE I demoed one yesterday, it swivels like a dyson.. nice but you can get a palstic version or a version that has a BMW style paint job. Its actually painted by BMW

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Just went to the vacuum store again.............. I looked at a riccar.............. the man put a quarter on the floor. The vacuum started pulling the quarter forward ( the vacuum was 2 inches away from it) It sucked up the quarter easily....... Thats what i need I wouldnt have to worry about anything going through the fan.......

-JB-

Name
JB
JB...................... How much is that ron werner pre-scrubber?

$599.

duo3.gif

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I wish i would pay $599.00 for that thing. ooks like a damn thing you can buy at wally world. come on its more like 150 bucks

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty,

Take the Shark to work with you for a week (bring some paper sacks to dump in) and you'll never go back.

Just so damn easy to lug around and use in between furniture and staircases and upholstery and edging and hard floors and..

...so easy to clean out to and the brush roll NEVER skips a beat no matter how thick or long the pile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom