New van and machine

kpip1972

Name
Kyle
After 16 years with a Hydramaster boxxer 421 and Chevy express 1 ton van it’s time to replace both. Want something reliable and easy to work on of course. 90 percent of my work is on vacant rentals and 10 percent on homeowners. Very little tile and upholstery work and A little flood work but not much. I’ve been looking at sapphire scientific 370ss and truck mount forums starfire and a Nissan NV or ford transit van. What are some pros and cons of these ? I’ll be retirement age in 15-20 years. I also flip houses on the side so it would be nice if I had room in the van to work out of it for the house flipping too , like space for tools , maybe a sheet or 2 of Sheetrock etc. I really want this to be the last van and machine I have to purchase. I am a one man operation. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Would also be open to hearing about pros and cons of other machines like Prochem or others. Again thanks in advance. Also I’m on Texas with hard water. What’s the cheapest way to deal with that ? I had a freidge on my Hydramaster but I don’t think it worked very well.

THANKS
KP

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you like machines that are easy to work on, you need to keep Hydramaster in your mind. Both of mine were really mechanic friendly. And I hear the new Titan lineup has some decent updates

kpip1972

Name
Kyle
If you like machines that are easy to work on, you need to keep Hydramaster in your mind. Both of mine were really mechanic friendly. And I hear the new Titan lineup has some decent updates
In the 16 years I’ve had my boxxer I’ve replaced the heat exchanger twice , the engine once , the blower once. I guess that’s expected in a 16 year period. I have liked the ease of working on it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
In the 16 years I’ve had my boxxer I’ve replaced the heat exchanger twice , the engine once , the blower once. I guess that’s expected in a 16 year period. I have liked the ease of working on it.
I agree with the Briggs comment above. If you're not getting the model with the kubota...make sure the smaller ones don't have a briggs engine.

scotty747

The new Eldiablo looks nice. Never ran one but looks like its easy to get to everything.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
you may not be able to buy new briggs motors soon but parts are widely available. Either way they arent my favorite small engines anyways

Reactions: FredC
Name
BradFenstermaker
Dodge Promaster 2500 hightop extended. Judsont TNT. I have all kinds of room in my van with this setup.
50 gallon freshwater tank for those few jobs with out water available.

Mr.cleansalot

Name
JAMES FISHER
El Diablo .
I have 2 water softers sitting in my shop I don't but should use i don't know what shipping would be but ill sell either one to you $250 if you decide to go that route.

Name
Steve Lawrence
If most of your work days don't use a whole tank of fresh water you could have an in-house softener and have soft water in your home, too. Plus a much more powerful softener.

Reactions: steve_64

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I agree with Brad. A Judson will easily make it to the end of your career. You might have to replace the engine once or twice but it's right out there in the open where you can get to it without taking the whole machine apart.

Reactions: Leeroy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom