New van wrap. Cool Idea...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Some people will think this is a cool idea, others will tell me I'm dumb. I'm used to being told I'm an idiot on these boards. To those that like the idea, feel free to use it or alter it to suit your needs.

Here is one van wrap:

Vanside2.jpg

and here is the other van wrap:

Vanside1.jpg

That's right, same van, two wraps.

The side that is facing the neighbors will be advertising that we are cleaning carpets and the side that is facing the homeowner will be advertising a service of ours that they haven't used ... YET!

I think it works for our company. Try as I might I can't seem to merge the carpet cleaning with the disaster restoration so I may as well do a good job of marketing them as two separate divisions of the same big shnazzy company. Love it or hate it, here it is to look at.

Thanks guys.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
I'm used to being told I'm an idiot on these boards.

I have to say you moved up a notch with this comment ;

All they care about is if it overall looks better and if I get the spots out.

maybe you're NOT as dumb as i once thought...
or at least you show promise of not being a dumbazz ALL your life :lol: :lol:

I'm not a marketing guy, don't know sheet about it....but I like the left side much better than the right, that's fer shore

..l.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Me too. I am not a marketing guy and neither is the owner. However, he is the owner and the right side is his side. His logo, his brand. Nobody ever told him there was a problem with it so anybody who tells me there is a problem with it is either jealous or trying to sell us something we don't need.

Nobody ever tells me I'm fat. EVER! (Not in real life anyway, on the boards sure...) I'm sure they tell him about it though. But I digress. It's what I have to work with and I think I made the best of it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Is just the back end wrapped?

I like some of the 3/4 wraps where they blend to white (or van collor) for the van cab.

One had clouds on a white background that faded to all white for the cab.

Bob Foster

I like your logic of the two separate sides and why.

IMO the sign looses continuity with all the different things going on with it that really don't flow together. Some might say that this highlights your points but I would disagree.

I believe you could do a lot better with your design and considering the cost it's worth it to possibly put this out to a graphics contest on one of those contest boards. There is an amazing amount of talent out there and they don't charge a lot. I bet you could have a choice of probably 10 good design concepts all competing for a $200 prize and that prize would include the output files for your graphics printer to manipulate for final printing.

All you would need to do is go to a sign website where they have van templates for front back side for extended Econolines and then contest participants would use them to submit their ideas. Offer a 1st and 2nd prize and stipulate that the prize is contingent about hi resolution files suitable for manipulation by a graphics installer/printer.

Or

Go to a shop in Florida the Joe Harper turned me onto called Window Kote and they will design it and print it for a screaming good deal and then send it to you for you to find someone to install it.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Interesting idea. I like it because it is different. I do not think it is for my Company but good job going for it. Let me know if any one thinks you have purchased another van.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
What is the average wrap for a van cost? And do you think it attracts potential clients??
I need to letter or wrap my van - no markings at all right now. Oh, a magnet on the back.

Bob Foster

richard said:
What is the average wrap for a van cost? And do you think it attracts potential clients??
I need to letter or wrap my van - no markings at all right now. Oh, a magnet on the back.

Depending on the market with 3M Controtac laminated gloss or matt finish (the best stuff out there)
$1000 or less for the wrap
$500 install on a van
$200 for in-house design services that is often waived for the complete package

Jerry

Supportive Member
My wrap was about 2800 with everything. The other quote I received was about 4000! They turn alot of heads, but I am not sure I would do another?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am not allowed to say how much it cost me but design, install and printing together were all provided for a great price.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I like your wrap. It's similar to our wrap that has a pic for some services we offer with text at bottom of each service. The back has smaller pics of these services as well. I think the images makes it easier for potential customer to know what you do at a glance.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You can save alot of money by only wrapping the body of the truck and lettering doors and back. Eliminate wasted product.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gary...I've gotta say....It's a great idea to market the extra service to your customer by having it on THAT side of the van and then telling the neighbors on the other side.

With that said....The graphics look horrilbe. Doesn't say "carpet cleaning" or "Water Damage".

The logos are terrible and they way the back half is wrapped looks sloppy.

No offense....really. I just want to be honest.

I understand there is no turning back now so maybe I'll just stick with the "Get the hell out of that job and start a buisiness" approach that I keep harping on.

I'm not sure the side of the van facing the home will do too much in the end unless you bring it to the customers attention.

Like if they follow you out to the van (doesn't happen much) and you say "Oh, and by the way..." etc.

Make it work for you if you can.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Larry I think the left looks far better. I like the blue color scheme better and I've never been much for the two arms.

I think it's a unique idea and should do what you're wanting.

I've never thought you were an idiot.....well there was that time with the girl that wanted you......well.....naaaw never an idiot! :p

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think it is kinda funny that Brian criticized a stock photo that he posted in a thread asking for pictures of flooded houses to put on a wrap. Agreed that the strong arms logo could be better, agreed that Wayne Miller's carpet cleaner logo looks too much like a hockey player. Agreed that I could have had the in house graphic designer make the design instead of the sign shop owner and it would have come out better, but I got a deal through a friend and it still looks better than what we had.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I guess I'm just an old timer.......I still have an artist hand letter and paint my vehicle
Is that what they did before computers? :p

We still have a few that have paint on them, nothing wrong with paint, it looks good too. It's not cheap though!

I prefer the vinyl, it looks better longer and when it doesn't just put new material on it. It's also easier to change or remove when you're selling the van.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gary, I just posted that pic because you wanted one.

I don't like how it looks on the van.

Funny? How am I funny? What? Do I amuuusssee you??

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Gary, I just posted that pic because you wanted one.

I don't like how it looks on the van.

Funny? How am I funny? What? Do I amuuusssee you??

:mrgreen:

nOt...fUnnY Ha Ha... :idea:

fUnnY...QuEEr... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom