New Website

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We are working on re-tooling our websites. (Already hired a company so PLEASE no solicitors).
I would appreciate some input from you guys on things you think I should change and/or add to our current site.
Anything from typos to conceptual, embedding, etc. I've budgeted quite a bit so anything you can think of is appreciated.

www.callprocarpet.com

Thanks in advance

-Greg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Your "Stanley Steemer" Esc website is a little cluttered...Keep It Simple Steamer. !gotcha!

You front page should be a menu of what the rest of the site has. Give people an opportunity to go where they want to go.

With all your services Greg, you should really focus on simplifying the front page.

I'll have more later...Can't wait to see what's new....You know I love this crap. shiteatinggrin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks good, I like it.

I did laugh though when I got to your rug page where your "after" only looks different because the fringe is groomed. :mrgreen:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Dirk Pitt said:
Looks good, I like it.

I did laugh though when I got to your rug page where your "after" only looks different because the fringe is groomer. :mrgreen:

lol - I never noticed that before

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In your slide show. If you instead of having best carpet cleaning. Include a short review snippet from a real client.

It would give each service more credibility and bring some reviews up to the top where they will get more visibility and lose the reviews at the bottom (move the bottom reviews to an other page)

This will help to give the page a less cluttered look,Give each service more credibility and more visual impact.

For instance: Carpet cleaning (In script font, on the photo) My carpets are beautiful again!!- Mrs. Picky

Pet deodorizer- Wow! that embarrassing odor is gone. I am so pleased!- Mrs Dog lover

Good reviews are money!!
Use this valuable resource.

My 2 cents.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Make your site look more human.

You are selling to humans. So, this is very important.

What I'm saying is that your copy looks like it is written for SEO bots and not human prospects.

(read it yourself without going, What??)

Added to the bad copy the font being bold and then red, is not necessary and would be annoying for a prospect to read.

Have copy written for humans to read. Make it warm and inviting and put it on top of the slide show and it will warm up your whole site.(and break up all the blocks)

Also, if you could make some stuff a little smaller it would leave more white space. (Which the site could use.) or even add a thin line or 2 to make columns.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
gregcole said:
We are working on re-tooling our websites. (Already hired a company so PLEASE no solicitors).
I would appreciate some input from you guys on things you think I should change and/or add to our current site.
Anything from typos to conceptual, embedding, etc. I've budgeted quite a bit so anything you can think of is appreciated.

http://www.callprocarpet.com

Thanks in advance

-Greg

Pages, Pages and Pages of Content

You have 20 years of experience to draw off, everything single hype-technical issue you can think of pay someone to write about it.

1.Press box to publish press releases {new contractors,employees,specials, new areas, new services, guarantees, specials of the month/week/day}

2.article section to cover all the technical info a consumer may find interesting
You can easily cover a new topic a day -technical issues

3. Article/Blog section to cover all the service issues , basically explain your Policy & Procedures to the consumer- uniforms,phone, scheduling, etc.

4. Videos- same thing, you have the professional videos. So now create a section to show people the process. Say rug cleaning

Everyday just keep adding content
Over a year it is just massive what you can accomplish
Let alone over 5 years

S

sam miller

I was gonna say I liked it but very busy! But what do I know?

gavin

I like it.

I don't like the pic for the 3 room special, but then again I had a phone book rep that tried to get me to use rainbow color socks as the main picture of my ad, it's just not my thing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So when can we expect the new site to roll out Mr. Greg?

Are you planning to hit the internet harder?

I'm really not sure how hard you hit it now....I don't pay attention. lol

What are your plans for SEO?

Are you planing to test the designs or just throw it out there as your "test"?

Why are you changing/improving it? Is it not working well? Bad feedback? Any feedback on the old site?

Thanks!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I like it looks good. I would however ditch that picture of the little girl. She is kind of homely looking, maybe from a trailer park . other than that looks awesome

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
juniorc82 said:
I like it looks good. I would however ditch that picture of the little girl. She is kind of homely looking, maybe from a trailer park . other than that looks awesome

Have to agree with brian on this one :shock:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Overall, my goal would be to become a destination site. Where the SEO would vacuum in all searches in my area, in a major metro like atlanta that is real money. Even niches likes carpet repair lead to a decent amount of revenue.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Niche like carpet repair? We do a couple thousand dollars a month in carpet repairs. From stretching and cut and patches to replacing metal clamp downs. Easy work and it almost guarantees we get the carpet cleaning job. As far as the site, I think it meets your goal. Most people will not go into much depth about the services. I know, I have all the info but look at the anylytics and they mainly stay on the front page. Besides most your customers are price driven and that information is readily available for them.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
idreadnought said:
Niche like carpet repair? We do a couple thousand dollars a month in carpet repairs. From stretching and cut and patches to replacing metal clamp downs. Easy work and it almost guarantees we get the carpet cleaning job. As far as the site, I think it meets your goal. Most people will not go into much depth about the services. I know, I have all the info but look at the anylytics and they mainly stay on the front page. Besides most your customers are price driven and that information is readily available for them.

Its relative, for greg 2k a month is pretty nichee{based on what i read}.Out of $500k 2k doesnt move the needle too much.

Actually $2k wouldnt get me too squirrley either and we are a nobody.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom