New welder

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Bought a new Lincoln welder today, 210mp has a 25% rebate. I have wanted to learn to weld since I watched my Grandfather weld when I was a teenager. He was a welder for the PRR. I also bought a Hypertherm plasma cutter. Should be a fun weekend.

IMG_9433.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I took a welding course years ago from my local high school. I'll never be a great welder but at least I have an understanding of how it works. Built myself a welding table and sold it along with my mig and stick welder. Kept my oxy/acetylene outfit and do minor repairs still. I can recognize good welding when I see it.

Name
Matt Ross
I love working with metal. It's not like wood, you can add to it. Haha. That's a good welder. I have the equivalent esab multi process machine. They stick and mig well. I dont really love the tig part of it, but besides that they work great. Check out welding tips and tricks youtube channel.

Name
Swani
Bought a new Lincoln welder today, 210mp has a 25% rebate. I have wanted to learn to weld since I watched my Grandfather weld when I was a teenager. He was a welder for the PRR. I also bought a Hypertherm plasma cutter. Should be a fun weekend.

View attachment 94274
That's a nice setup. I went to College for welding. I was hoping to have a shop by now with a setup for welding but it's been on temporary hold. A plasma cutter is another great tool to have.

Reactions: Cleanworks

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I love working with metal. It's not like wood, you can add to it. Haha. That's a good welder. I have the equivalent esab multi process machine. They stick and mig well. I dont really love the tig part of it, but besides that they work great. Check out welding tips and tricks youtube channel.
I was looking at the Miller 220 multiprocess welder but I can buy this one an the separate Lincoln tig welder for about the same price.

scotty747

I took a 6 week course 5 years ago and haven't welded once. Now that my shop is cleaned out im going to set up a welding station. More for fun than anything but its sure nice to be able to fix or customize things. Time to build my own truckmount.

Name
jack zerkie

View attachment 94274
My old miller. It weighs over 400lbs. Old transformer machines like this run stick so smooth, but run your power bill up quick. My little inverter is used alot more. Yes my shop is a mess.

View attachment 94321 View attachment 94322
My father was a welder at Lincoln elect. for 30 yrs I had a chance to work there also but didn't. A non union shop top shelf operation back then. I decided to go into law enforcement instead. Never wanted to work in the same very small area everyday. jz

Reactions: Mikey P

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I bought a couple of brand new welders a few years back because I wanted to learn how to weld; one an oxy acetylene, and an electric AC/DC welder with a high frequency arc stabilizer box and Argon tank with a Tig box. Never got around to using them or taking some schooling in their use, so they sit in the shop.

It was however, nice having the helmet when we had the eclipse of the sun a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
You will get a whole new experience with farmers tan if you dont wear arm protection. First day with my tig my arms were so burnt...wasn't fun lol.
Awesome that you got one, have fun
I took a welding class and got the arm suntan for free:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom