Newbie 1900

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
Just bought a White Magic pro 1900. Going to try to clean/overhaul system... any schematics, diagrams, component info would be incredibly helpful!

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
I am helping my daughter and son in law start up a business. I will get pictures and upload them. System runs but needs some care. My goal will be to clean/maintain each component to make sure system works as I tended

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I am helping my daughter and son in law start up a business. I will get pictures and upload them. System runs but needs some care. My goal will be to clean/maintain each component to make sure system works as I tended
The best "help" you can give your kids is to teach them the ins and outs of that machine and make them get it work ready. This business requires constant maintenance of everything. When running an O/O show it's a must. Hopefully your kids will respect the equipment and not just hand it over to you when repairs are needed.

How many hours are on your White Magic?

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
The best "help" you can give your kids is to teach them the ins and outs of that machine and make them get it work ready. This business requires constant maintenance of everything. When running an O/O show it's a must. Hopefully your kids will respect the equipment and not just hand it over to you when repairs are needed.

How many hours are on your White Magic?
That is exactly my plan, but I first want to get everything good with my son in law and learn the system myself. Have always been a mechanic so system maintenance should be relatively easy as long as I can learn the system and components. He has experience operating, but never owning. Will respond later today with specifics

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
So here is an update... will need to replace some wiring, the battery will need to be changed, the clean water tank and softener were bypassed... this will be changed... the power hose reel has s separate motorcycle battery (why) will return to spec. Alternator will be tested. Prob needs new one... lots of cleaning up and paint needed... this should be a fun project!!

1.jpg IMG_1510.jpg IMG_1513.jpg IMG_1514.jpg IMG_1515.jpg IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1517.jpg IMG_1518.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
The separate battery close to the electric reel allows for the 40-50 amp load during the short time the reel is winding up without overheating wires that feed it. The battery can be recharged with a lower amp flow between uses.

Reactions: Johndrpb

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
The separate battery close to the electric reel allows for the 40-50 amp load during the short time the reel is winding up without overheating wires that feed it. The battery can be recharged with a lower amp flow between uses.
Can this battery also be charged by the alternator? If I used heavier guage wire from the main battery, would that not negate the overheating wires?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes it can be charged by the alternator.

I use the truck battery and run 6ga. cables to the hose reel motor and solenoid from the 50 amp fused auxiliary terminal on the driver side fusebox under the hood. (Chevy Express).

In your case the battery next to the load would negate the need for such thick power cables.

In either case, the reel motor will pull a LOT of amperage when you hit the button. Either above fix will work just fine.

Reactions: Johndrpb

Johndrpb

Name
John L Duemig
Some basic questions... Please understand that this is a learningexperience for me. I know some of these questions are very basic. The truck is not local to me but we will be working on it this weekend. Any input would be appreciated.

1. The "Clean Water Tank": I would like to know the progression from intake hose to Truck mount. Does the hose water go to the tank first, then the "pre-heater", then the super heater, then the machine? At what point is the chemicals injected? (I know this may vary from one manufacturer to another)... I also want to know what kind of pressure the lines before the heater should be expected. I am thinking of repiping some of this using PEX tubing and sharkbite fittings. I want to make sure pressures will be within ratings. I believe there is a softener for the incoming water as well. I assume that the softener should be before the clean water tank

FredC

Village Idiot
think this is it

Valve – Erie 541-030 Egg Timer Softener Non-electric

****may not be exact model

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I actually bid on a Apex on eBay with 5k. I went $625., but it sold for $800+
I’m glad someone wanted it worse than me. My partner would have killed me had I gotten it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom