Newbie in Texas

txag14

Name
Wade Coons
Hey guys.

I live in Houston and since the big freeze I have been involved in 3 different water mitigation instances. Both of my brother in law's houses and my house (entire rooms.) I am renting for now so my landlord had an out of state water mit company come in and do the work on my house. I watched them like a hawk just to understand what they were doing and it SEEMED pretty straightforward. I helped both of my brother in law's do the demo and dry out of their houses.

I now strongly have the itch to start my own water mitigation business. I run a commercial construction company so I have access to equipment, manpower, and startup capital. I am signing up for the IICRC WRT & ASD classes just to gain some more knowledge in the field. Am I severely underestimating the complexity of the water mitigation business or is this something I can pickup by starting small? The only thing that makes me nervous is the insurance process.

Thank you all for your time!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its fairly simple, if it is wet, remove or dry it. Although sometimes you'll be doing both.

It has great potential, however it also comes with great liability. You will need to contact your insurance provider to add the additional WDR sales to your policy. If you don't already have pollution, you'll need it. It can be costly too.

I'd also take a mold remediation class. It will open your eye to potential exposure. Better to learn it in a class than experience it in the field. It could save you from a lawsuit and costly payout.

Reactions: Cleanworks

txag14

Name
Wade Coons
Its fairly simple, if it is wet, remove or dry it. Although sometimes you'll be doing both.

It has great potential, however it also comes with great liability. You will need to contact your insurance provider to add the additional WDR sales to your policy. If you don't already have pollution, you'll need it. It can be costly too.

I'd also take a mold remediation class. It will open your eye to potential exposure. Better to learn it in a class than experience it in the field. It could save you from a lawsuit and costly payout.
Thank you for the insight! I will look into all of that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom