Newbie looking for help...

ggsmom

Hello - I am a homeowner that purchased a Mytee 8070 heated extractor. I love this machine but only use it every 2-3 months and have run into a problem. I pulled it out of the closet and found the clean water dispensing jet had rusted. I grabbed a pin and did what I should not have. I poked around at the rust (I have since learned this is a big no no) to try to open the jet. This did not work and I think I need a new jet but have had difficulty finding where to buy one or what they are actually called. any info would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Becky

G

Hi Rebecca; if you are handy; just unscrew the nuts on the sprayer nozzles. Pull out the screen and replace them. You can pick them up at any local carpet cleaning supply company or order them from Mytee.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
where did you buy your machine?
they should have the jets you need.

it depends which wand you have as to what type and size jets you need .

you can look at the jet to get the numbers. if they're not too beat up, you see numbers on the end of the jet.
They'll be something like 9502 or maybe 11002
But you need to know if it's a Tee-Jet or Vee-jet

post a pic of the wand showing the jets on it if you can.

..L.T.A.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
If you need a jet try http://www.windtrax.com/

Do a search on jets and you'll probably find it there. If there's a number indicating the size of the jet search for that number. I use an 8005 T-Jet in my sprayer, if I search on "8005" it comes right up.

Greenie

Becky,
I suspect you are referring to the little hand tool that came with the mini extractor, is the nozzle plastic or metal? If you get a min. call me on my cell and I'll talk you through it, it's a fairly simple fix I'm sure and I probably have a suitable part in stock.

951-218-9177 (Jeff)

ggsmom

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... otos_album

I have tried to upload a pic without much success hopefully the above address is a pic.
I called mytee and they told me how to clean the build up out of the lines with viniger or there special descaler. I want to order the part without paying an outragous price.
I am very handy and believe I can do this on my own, I just want to make sure I get the correct part. I believe it is a vee-jet. The outside of the nut side of the piece is 11/16 of an inch the inside is 1/2 inch. I do not see any #s on this piece. This is a female piece - the ones I saw on Windtrax are all male pieces. All of the "jets" I see out there are 1/4 inch.
Thank you,
Becky

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Thats a t-jet, if its for your carpet wand they are probably 2 of them and should be a 9502 or a 11002 t-jet. the jets can be pushed out of the big brass nut when you replace them. mytee can send them right to you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Becky, that is a tee-jet assembly.

There's two parts to it.
a tee-jet cap (the nut) and the Tee-jet it's self (the thing you jacked up with the needle)
All you need is a tee-jet, not need to buy a nut.

Push down on the jet and it will pop out of the nut.
Tee-jets aren't expensive. Under $5 bukz.
Shipping might cost more than the jet

there should be numbers stamped on top the jet.
If not, take a pic of your tool and maybe one of us can tell you what spray angle and flow rate you need.

Once you know what number jet you need, you can order from any number of distributors that advertise here.
Or..if you have a local farm supply store like TCS, they can order you one.
If the first two numbers on your jet are "80" they'll have your tee-jet on the shelf

..L.T.A.

Name
Brad Gouveia
More importantly it is brass so it should not rust but more than likely got clogged with something. When mine get clogged I use and air compressor to blow them out and unclog them works great and does not mess the jet up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jay DeLaughter said:
Thats a t-jet, if its for your carpet wand they are probably 2 of them and should be a 9502 or a 11002 t-jet. the jets can be pushed out of the big brass nut when you replace them. mytee can send them right to you.

dang...how'd I miss your post, Jay?

didn't mean to be redundant :oops: :oops:

one more thing, Becky, if those jets are on a wand, there should be strainers in the wand too.
They're in the jet body (the thing you unscrewed the nut off of)

You may have to gently pry them out.
Clean off the strainer and inspect and reinstall if in good shape

..L.T.A.

This will happen over and over. O rings will fry out and fittings will clog. These machines need use for peak performance.

Greenie

Guys...I don't think that is a Tee jet, I believe what Becky has (for strange reason) is a female thread 1/4" Vee jet, like used to come on the original Hydroforce.

Mytee's current hand tools don't use this style of jet, so it's likely an older tool or off brand.
And it's surely not a carpet wand, with a .6 gpm 100psi pump, I would hope they didn't sell here a carpet wand for her 3 gal porty...lol

Becky, I got your message, I'll ring you back tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom