Newbie needs help

Better yet I would find a very successful owner operator in antother state to train you. You could work for free for a month and pay 2500 for in depth training. That will put you right where you want to be. That's what I would do.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
auburncc said:
wish he would chime in. if there is a cheaper way to get into the industry let me know???

thanks

how cheap???
You can buy a brand new porty for less than $2000.
More than a few guys here started out that way
Liability Ins isn't expensive for a general liability policy.

what's in the budget for this new start up?

and Dan gave a good suggestion for free training.
Hiow far are you from Prattville :shock:

..L.T.A.

Dolly

YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND.........THE KIND OF CLEANING YOUR BUYING FALLS
SHORT OF YOUR ABILITY TO REALLY DO THE JOB "IN MY OPINION"....RIGHT...

YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR MIND IS MADE UP AND TRYING TO CONVINCE THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN THERE
DONE THAT AND HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dolly said:
YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR MIND IS MADE UP AND TRYING TO CONVINCE THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN THERE
DONE THAT AND HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE.

I caught that reading "between the lines" too.
Maybe he's doesn't realize that many of us here use multiple methods to clean and aren't limited to just one method .
so we know from "experience" the limitations of cleaning carpets with a "buffer"

..L.T.A.

Dolly

Your right meAt

I have gotten tired of trying to guide the know it alls.

If they want to find out for themselves that they could have and should have listened, then all the power to em.......

Dolly

By the way, just for the record. I just enjoy my Mytee machines...

I especially enjoy the bently wands. There is technique and proper
chemical mixtures. However, a good machine to do the work
means everything to your work.

These machines are easy to work with. As a gal using machines
I like how easy they are to roll up into my trailer. There is no
where you can't clean

I have several systems I use to clean and depending upon the
conditions depends upon which one I use or even if I use all
of them.

I like that I know how to work any system available. You just never
know what you may walk into. I like to be prepared for anything
thrown at me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dolly said:
I have gotten tired of trying to guide the know it alls.

I wouldn't go as far to call him a "know it all" .
More likely someone "convinced" him of something and he just doesn't know better

Not unlike the Von Schrader only guys that get brain washed at the mind control center in Racine Wi

..l.T.A.

auburncc

hey i am not a know it all. i know nothing to little about carpet cleaning. I have a good business now. I am not the biggest and I am not the smallest. I was just looking for something else to do and a friend of mine has this carpet cleaning deal. I thought it was a deal because i can get it for less than 8k. I came here to ask questions. that is what i am doing. i was just trying to explain my situation is all. i dont have to get into carpet cleaning at all. just looking for advise. i thought i would ask the pros is all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
auburncc said:
hey i am not a know it all. i know nothing to little about carpet cleaning. I have a good business now. I am not the biggest and I am not the smallest. I was just looking for something else to do and a friend of mine has this carpet cleaning deal. I thought it was a deal because i can get it for less than 8k. I came here to ask questions. that is what i am doing. i was just trying to explain my situation is all. i dont have to get into carpet cleaning at all. just looking for advise. i thought i would ask the pros is all.

you're good, Neil
Don't sweat it...a lot of us are just grizzly ole curmudgeon veterans .
"sugar coating" things isn't something we're known for here..... :lol:

and when it's as hot humid as it has been lately...some of us get chaffed thighs and it makes us crAnky... :mrgreen:

Explore/research your options, and ask LOTS of questions.

..L.T.A.

rick imby

Name
Rick
This is not the place where you will find franchise owners hanging out.

The main benefit of being part of a franchise is having someone to whine to and hold your hand. Carpet cleaning is a lot like what you are doing now. You are marketing and providing a service to customers. The problem most of us on this board have with Heavens best is they use one method to do everything. They scrub with a 175 rpm buffer.

Many of the guys on this board scrub with a 175 buffer but then they suck up the dirt with a steam cleaner system of some type.

I have no idea why you would sell your business if it is making good money to get into a similar business. Use it to leverage into carpet cleaning and if the new business does not work then you still have the lawn care business.

If you are doing all the work in your current business by yourself or with a helper you will find the carpet cleaning business about the same.

One advantage you have to adding carpet cleaning to your business is you already have a relationship with people that contract for a lot of carpet cleaning.

If you are already running multiple crews at mowing then it is even simpler for you to add carpet cleaning. Get off the mower and take some time to take classes or ride a long with a good cleaner that is willing to show you the ropes. Learn carpet cleaning so you can run it with a helper.

Carpet cleaning is not quite as simple as mowing--I have done both professionally---but in my opinion 3 days on a truck with someone that is willing to teach would get you where you could hold your own especially in cleaning empty apts.

No one has responded that you should buy the Heavens best deal. I agree with everyone else. Heavens Best has a very limited view of how to clean a carpet.

About 25% of the carpet cleaning we have done has involved pet issues---pee and sh#t-- Putting a cotton pad on a buffer and wiping that stuff up is not the best option. With Heavens best it is the only option.

Many of us have different opinions about how we would go if we were you but almost everyone on this board would say a combination of agitation and hot water extraction is what they use.

The other thing is how long will it take you to get your carpet business profitable enough to support you. Most guys do not make a living at it the first couple of years. If you are getting two years income for your mowing business you will be at the same point you are right now in two years except you do not know if you can make it carpet cleaning, you know you can make it mowing.

Keep your day job and moonlight until you know that carpet cleaning is for you.

Good Luck

********************We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Ronald Reagan

Unlimited Cell Phone Plans

Keller Texas Carpet Cleaning

Bowling Green Carpet Cleaning

Walmart Straight Talk Slider Phone

Mike Draper

Is the $8000 a good deal if he is losing $20g's a year on it. You should ask him to see his business taxes as well as his net income taxes for the last few years to get an idea of this thing being legit. I have a feeling this Heavens Best franchise is just dragging him down, this is why he is willing to sell.

Dolly

And so he can dump it on some else so they can go down with the ship.

The Newbie better run......I believe the real Heaven does better than he is being sold......sold a bill of goods,
smoke and mirrors........should I go on.

He asked for advise and if he is wise, he needs to listen up.....

auburncc

thanks for the advise guys. the reason he is selling is because he bought the franshise for a family member. that family member is no longer in his family. ok he has a great full time job. its just sitting in a van in his garage. from what i have been reading i like the idea of the agg and how water. could i use a portable machine? after buffing thanks

John Buxton

$8,000 for what? A bonnet machine runs $800. Franchises as a whole suck Heavens Best sucks worse than all others. Get a used porty, or better yet a truckmount. $90 a unit is very good money.

Ryan

http://www.***************/store/mytee- ... -7576.html

http://www.***************/store/mytee- ... -8596.html

http://orangeforce123.com/ (order the starter kit)

There you go, perfect set up to to do apartments cheap.

You will also need a pump up sprayer from your local farm supply store.

Dolly

should you be interested in a great portable, I would be very glad
to help you get a machine that would serve you.

I enjoy mine.

601-479-3224 .....

What ever you decide, just do not go into a franchise.

To answer your question....yes, after you have bonnet cleaned
you can use HWE.......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
auburncc said:
could i use a portable machine? after buffing thanks

yeppers ..and it will kick azz too.
That's a two step process that will yield superior results to single step methods on heavy soiled carpets

and PLEASE..call it "scrubbing", not "buffing".
It's a rotary "scrubber" used to mechanically scrub/agitate your detergent pre-spray before the rinse/extract.

the Heaven's Best way is to use just the rotary and bonnets only.
There is no rinse in the system.
all that can be "extracted" (and I use that tern LOOSELY) is what the bonnet will hold.
It's a viable method for maintaining commercial carpets, but has serious limitations on soiled goods typically found in apts..and in particular ..STUDENT rentals

..l.T.A.

auburncc

awesome..now we are getting some where. thanks so much for the recent posts guys. keep them comming. how much does a truck mount run??? what do i need to look for?

neil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom