Newbies Asking You About What To Buy...

R

R W

Had someone say this last week concerning newbies purchasing new equipment and vans.......give them good advice as to the best equipment steup......kinda like what YOU would want. When they go belly up in a few months, you will be there to take that new equipment off their hands. Sounds kinda nasty, but it would be a way to pick up some low hour equipment, just as you would have bought it new. From what I hear, new equipment sales are WAY down.

Name
Nate W.
R W said:
Had someone say this last week concerning newbies purchasing new equipment and vans.......give them good advice as to the best equipment steup......kinda like what YOU would want. When they go belly up in a few months, you will be there to take that new equipment off their hands. Sounds kinda nasty, but it would be a way to pick up some low hour equipment, just as you would have bought it new. From what I hear, new equipment sales are WAY down.

Your sick. I like the way you think. :twisted:

Well in that case...I would recommend a Newbie get the following.

Rotovac 360 and all the "heads"
Rotovac CFX
Small but powerfull Vac booster
150psi "rescue box" pump
Water Otter
Mytee Turbo Hot 2400 watts
Glided Wand
OrBot OP machine
100 Gladiator Pads.
175 Rotory
Tools..stair, crevice, uhp..etc

randy

Name
Randy
IF you look on some of the web sites that feature used equipment you will find they already gave a extreme amount of used, low hour equipment. No need to wish for any newbies quick departure from the industry. I'm seeing outfits that have been around for 10-15 years disappear. Unable to quickly reduce overhead can be a business killer. Carrying lots of debt is a disaster waiting a economic downturn. Some of these guys with 2-5 trucks, all of them leased are folding up like crazy. In this economy you are either very small OR very large , the middle of the road guys are in trouble as most do not have extensive lines of credit like the 30-50 truck operations. I'm betting 2010 will be similar to 2009 economically and you will see a ton of cleaners disappear during the coming winter.

R

R W

randy said:
IF you look on some of the web sites that feature used equipment you will find they already gave a extreme amount of used, low hour equipment. No need to wish for any newbies quick departure from the industry. I'm seeing outfits that have been around for 10-15 years disappear. Unable to quickly reduce overhead can be a business killer. Carrying lots of debt is a disaster waiting a economic downturn. Some of these guys with 2-5 trucks, all of them leased are folding up like crazy. In this economy you are either very small OR very large , the middle of the road guys are in trouble as most do not have extensive lines of credit like the 30-50 truck operations. I'm betting 2010 will be similar to 2009 economically and you will see a ton of cleaners disappear during the coming winter.

I'm just saying....it's a sad fact that many businesses are going under, but there are still future entrepreniors out there with some cash (many from buyouts, severance pay, yada.......) that will still try to get into that lucrative business of carpet cleaning. "Ya know, how hard could it be.....I used to rent those rug machines from the supermarket, and it wasn't so bad" guys that will still give it a whirl. So, if they INSIST on the best of the best, why not steer them to something you can use down the road?

I'm just saying.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom