Newer Style door drape/guard

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey guys & gals,

The Spring sprung just a crazy amount of blood thirsty mosquitos this year in MN! Our current door drapes are ok, but really still leave a bit to be desired when it comes too sealing out more of them, and the elements. With this really cold winter, we were really happy people even called! We use our door drapes and probably liked the Bane Clean best out of the ones we are using. It just lacked a bit because of using 2.5 inch hose, or 2 hoses in the door, and still was always a bit short. The other ones, the padding always fall to the middle and then just don't work.

Again with the mosquitos are killing us and just not making us look good working in the homes. I had seen the Seal-a-Door and liked it on Facebook. Had been following Ron Hunkins (the owner) and noticed he only lived a short distance of 1.5 hours away. I have been busy, but wanted to meet up and take a look at his product. He must of read my mind, because the next thing I know, he calls and asks if he can bring me the products to look at, try and give feed back. I found Ron to really be a most kind hearted man and want's to help our industry. I don't see him becoming a millionaire off this thing, but if it were to happen, good for him. He was just a most sincere person.

I am excited to give them a shot, but so far, I do like them. I'm not here to shill for him but hopefully it will help our industry improve our existing delivery of quality service to our customers and be able to show them we can clean in all environments. Just wanted to share and see if this might be a help to others as well.

So here is the video and some pics. It is really nice to have it hands on so I can share my findings. I know this has been on the boards in some places, but now that I have one hands on, thought I would post, share and keep everyone in the loop as to what I find with the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdkP6YbU62Y

2014-06-07095723_zps43ff6342.jpg

Ron in the pic with me

2014-06-07101831_zps2e0cca9e.jpg

2014-06-07145659_zpsebb83f93.jpg

2014-06-07150051_zps1efddf6a.jpg

2014-06-07150200_zpsdbece306.jpg

2014-06-07150212_zps0b3513f4.jpg

Helps keep pets safe inside (now if a big German Shepard wants through, they are going through it!)

2014-06-07150613_zps225bc83c.jpg

20140607_151742_zpsc98e8118.jpg

Ron Hunkins the owner say's he is not very tech savoy, but keeps learning and hopes everything is posting online in correct places...LOL!

Ron has 3 different sizes: (and many colors)

Standard $121.95
Combo which is meant to work in taller doors/commercial tall and standard doors: $137.95
Jumbo $157.95

For shipping, it is considered over sized and shipping can be $30-$35. If he were to break it down and have a person assemble it onsite, it could save about $8-9 on shipping. (I told him, put mine together....I don't want to take the time...LOL)

www.sealcanvas.com
https://www.facebook.com/SealADoor
https://www.facebook.com/sealadoorpricing
https://www.facebook.com/ron.hunkins?fref=photo

Give me a shout guys if you have questions I might be able to answer and I will keep you updated on my impressions of the unit.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Good idea......I had to use the ?Hrdroforce? door seal today to keep fumes from the TM from infiltrating the building I was cleaning. Bottom of a steep ramp, no other access, it was a garage entrance for the "Dr's" to park their cars in. It has CM detectors and an exhaust fan, but the seal kept all the fumes out.

I might just look into that.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just FYI: The 2 I have here are 81 inches long (or tall) for the standard, and what he calls the combo (or longer/taller version) is 86.5 inches long for planning purposes in your vans.

FredC

Village Idiot
pretty cool............think it would be even better if it was split with magnets like the ASOTV screens with the same zip-wall type setup

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
pretty cool............think it would be even better if it was split with magnets like the ASOTV screens with the same zip-wall type setup

I actually showed him a disappearing screen door idea I have seen and we are talking maybe about how that could evolve in the future. But the price would probably put it out of the league of most carpet cleaners wanting to spend.

Dang simple in nature design and works. Price point isn't bad and the quality of the material is way over the top great quality! Good stitching too!

Name
Steve Lawrence
This is an interesting idea but we enter so many different size doors to make it practical. Plus, it is huge and storage in the van would be an issue for us. We like our homemade fluffy space fillers just fine--so adaptable and stores easily in the van.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This is an interesting idea but we enter so many different size doors to make it practical. Plus, it is huge and storage in the van would be an issue for us. We like our homemade fluffy space fillers just fine--so adaptable and stores easily in the van.

I thought the same on the variable door size issues, but now that I have these 2, the are very adaptable.

Storage space in vans, that is something that could vary per company.

So far, we are seeing them being a better blocking item than the other ones we have.

Will let everyone know if I run into something out of the norm

If I had just one on the van, I think I would go with the taller version which will fit more door heights

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Nate W.

A pvc pipe mounted to the inside of a roof, shouldn't take up much space at all to store it...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Are selling these mark?

If yes how much?

He sells them....

I am not involved in any of his sales and don't want to be....I got 2 of them due to my interest to find something better to suite my needs.

He lives about an hour and half away, that's how we got together.

I really don't want to be involved in being a distributor just for the fact, I want to feel comfortable giving honest reviews and no other influence.

Here is his info from the first initial contact. I think I would go with the unit he calls a "combo" for the taller doors if you run into them.

I am still working with them, so just want to give input if it can help others on the board.

CUT & PASTE from first post:

Ron Hunkins the owner say's he is not very tech savoy, but keeps learning and hopes everything is posting online in correct places...LOL!

Ron has 3 different sizes: (and many colors)

Standard $121.95
Combo which is meant to work in taller doors/commercial tall and standard doors: $137.95
Jumbo $157.95 (35" x 96")

For shipping, it is considered over sized and shipping can be $30-$35. If he were to break it down and have a person assemble it onsite, it could save about $8-9 on shipping. (I told him, put mine together....I don't want to take the time...LOL)

www.sealcanvas.com
https://www.facebook.com/SealADoor
https://www.facebook.com/sealadoorpricing
https://www.facebook.com/ron.hunkins?fref=photo

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Clean that Carpet Saiger good Lord man!

Looks like they would travel best strapped high in the rig.

How ya haul em ?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Clean that Carpet Saiger good Lord man!

Looks like they would travel best strapped high in the rig.

How ya haul em ?

So far just back of the van on side shelf hooks.

Haven't thought of a lot more creative, but probably just some pvc tube would hold them too.

Will figure out best way for us down the road.....LOL!

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
Brad Gouveia
I would like to see how you set it up in the van before I would buy them.

Otherwise I like the idea. Is the blue martial a trap like material?

Name
Brad Gouveia
He should also have some lettering made up to put on them that tell the home owner something like "because we care" and "ask us about scotch guard"

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
He should also have some lettering made up to put on them that tell the home owner something like "because we care" and "ask us about scotch guard"

He has a few pics on his website of some wording and pics, but he indicated he is not sure how durable they will be. I am thinking of having logos embroidered on something separate, then sewed on both sides separate. Bit spendy, but could be nice.

For the van storage, I will shoot some shots of it just being put in the vans, but as time goes (and I get time) will probably come up with what will work best for us.

Gonna be pretty simple just put it in the back of the van to begin with.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here are just a couple of pics of the longer one in the van tonight.

Couple of different ways for us at the moment.

Dang Mosquitos are just killer!

There are a lot of other options, but that's for another day.

2014-06-08214611_zps8bf9782e.jpg

2014-06-08214849_zpsa6b77ebe.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey Mark, do all your customers take all summer to take down their Christmas lights or do you put blue lights on all your customers columns?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Mark, do all your customers take all summer to take down their Christmas lights or do you put blue lights on all your customers columns?

They're all so happy to see me, they turn on Blue lights for our "Bring on the Blue" theme ;):rockon:

(in all reality....that's my house....LOL) :errf:

We actually left those lights up because we have a sitting area right next to that entrance, and like the low light....but you can't even sit out there with our mosquito infestation this year!

We also have them on the deck on the lake side, but the last time they were used....

it was for Holiday lights....LOL! :biggrin:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Besides the swarms of dang mosquitos that could carry off a small dog this year....

Now the MN Horse Flies have come out. What a miserable pest!!!

The Seal-a-door drape bailed us out. Been nothing but positive moments with all our clients.

I am sold on carrying them in our vans. A definite great thing for our Northern climates and pest control!

Best unit that we have used and everyone around here is starting to talk about them.

Used them in my BNI 60 second commercial as well as showing all the care we take to protect a home as we clean with tarps and corner guards, and it was a big hit!

I am going to keep marketing how we are the only company in the area using the Seal-a-door, floor tarps and corner guards.

The others better step up to the plate to keep up :rockon:

2014-06-10132900_zps9b148634.jpg

2014-06-10095717_zps41316b6e.jpg

The Seal-a-Door in place

2014-06-10102939_zps6741be14.jpg

2014-06-10130018_zps5f78c89b.jpg

2014-06-10130328_zps2fadc3df.jpg

The lady of the home showed up today to check on the dog today....and was really blown away by the Seal-a-door. She was just really impressed as to the unit as well as all the tarps and corner guards. She has had us clean many times, but had never come around while we were cleaning her home. Great moment of truth!

2014-06-11115727_zps5a8ebeef.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ron's been updating the Seal-a-Door.

We added wings to the sides and top for a better seal yet.

Liking it.

He also added a window for the heck of it in this unit.

These will be at The Experience and he is giving away a Seal-a-door

imagejpeg_1_zpsaf33083c.jpg

imagejpeg_0_zps77bd9cbb.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom