Next Door?

Name
Matt Middleton
Being in a very rural area, many people are on next door. Do a good job and neighbors recommend you. But if you fail to deliver...

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Matt. That is true, yet also true in the big city.
Did you advertise or promote your business with them?

Results?
Price shoppers or better clients?

Name
Matt Middleton
Thanks Matt. That is true, yet also true in the big city.
Did you advertise or promote your business with them?

Results?
Price shoppers or better clients?
No. Actually just referrals.. Been in same area 39 years. We outlived our competitors!

Reactions: The Boot

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I get (and got) good clients from them, yet they were too few and far between. Organic works well but is molasses slow.

Wondering if promoting there will generate more and what works.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Unless it's both cheaper and has better market penetration than Facebook, you'd be better off just using Facebook advertising.

Or paying finder's fees to existing referral sources.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I wonder Bryan.
Next Door is truly user based and personal. Actual people living in close proximity writing about their experience. What Yelp claimed to be and clearly is not any longer.

So I wonder if it may be more effective.

P.S. Did you receive my application?

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wonder Bryan.
Next Door is truly user based and personal. Actual people living in close proximity writing about their experience. What Yelp claimed to be and clearly is not any longer.

So I wonder if it may be more effective.

P.S. Did you receive my application?
I think I would trot it on out there for a test for 3-months. See if any noticeable difference. Track your results, put a mention this ad for ____ % off.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Let us know how it goes.

I joined early on, before advertising was even possible, but haven't logged in for over a year due to the overabundance of bluenose rants and lost cats. (I'm tempted to comment on how many birds I've been seeing lately, now that the coyotes have come up from the ravines to eat loose cats.)

It is reassuring that they all aren't actually next door.

I did not get your application. The Barracuda Firewall probably ate it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yes too many liberal rants and lost gloves on the walking trail here.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We are going to give Next Door a trial run in a couple of areas so we can track it. We aren't throwing a ton of money at it, but you never know.

I personally look at the emails from them about once a week or so. 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years people have been looking for carpet cleaners so I recommend us!! It is interesting to see some of the other companies recommended by others in the community as well as to see them also recommend us!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Let us know how it goes.

I joined early on, before advertising was even possible, but haven't logged in for over a year due to the overabundance of bluenose rants and lost cats. (I'm tempted to comment on how many birds I've been seeing lately, now that the coyotes have come up from the ravines to eat loose cats.)

It is reassuring that they all aren't actually next door.

I did not get your application. The Barracuda Firewall probably ate it.
I wasn’t aware you lived that close to me here in Yukon, Ok. We sure do have a cat problem together!

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I use and love nextdoor.com Whats not to like about "Free" advertising. Do a good job and people recommend you. A good portion of my business comes from nextdoor. I see where people go on there and ask for recommendations for a carpet cleaner and a lot of my customers will jump in and recommend me then i get the call, love it!

scotty747

I got one or two jobs from nextdoor but got lazy and forgot about it. Time to get back to it.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Just as you similarlly occupy part of a Pacific landmass. It was the Palestinian part that I found unusual presumably from a mixed marriage

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just as you similarlly occupy part of a Pacific landmass. It was the Palestinian part that I found unusual presumably from a mixed marriage
I don't know how long a Palestinian would have to live on Saipan before he was down with the Chamorros, so you're probably right. :icon_twisted:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I'm on a waiting list to be a sponsor in my neighborhood.
It's only $120. a month and local.
I participate there since it is where I live. Maybe It's my location that seems so active. I have got a couple jobs there...just referred from a couple other jobs I did. Both jobs within 5 minutes of my house.

I am also getting jobs from a (My City) Neighborhood Facebook Group on Facebook...also referred and not paid advertisement. Have to participate.
I am the only Carpet Cleaner in our local Chamber of Commerce. That is only $200. for the year. A member 2 weeks and that has paid off. I am doing a presentation at a breakfast meeting in a couple weeks.
Trying to become a part of the Community.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom