Nice Interlink

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I wanted to try Flex from Interlink, and while at it I bought some plastic tabs.

Well the tabs were something else ...so I sent them an email:

Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is ...
0n 02/05/14 order # 8598222, I bought a bunch of products including (AC 20) 4" plastic pads.
I just opened it for use (we stock way in advance) and the product is unacceptable. Once you take the plastic tabs out of the container they curl and make it very difficult to put under a furniture leg.
All products that I have bought from you in the past were excellent, This product is not.

They replied pretty quickly:

"Ofer,
I do apologize for the faulty tabs that you reprieved our vendor had a bad run at that time. I have sent a replacement box at no charge to you and you should see them next Tuesday or Wednesday. Please let me know if you have any other questions and have a great day."

The tabs arrived. They are good.
Nice! Interlink.

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I was just going to start a thread about getting some citrus solvent from them and it only weighs 110 oz in the bottle. can someone explain the science to me why a gallon of solvent only weighs 110 oz. and the liquid is 3 inches from the top of the bottle?? I've been using Citrol from National Chem labs and love it but my local supplier stopped carrying it.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I was just going to start a thread about getting some citrus solvent from them and it only weighs 110 oz in the bottle. can someone explain the science to me why a gallon of solvent only weighs 110 oz. and the liquid is 3 inches from the top of the bottle?? I've been using Citrol from National Chem labs and love it but my local supplier stopped carrying it.

I don't know what the makeup of your solvent is (added petroleum distillates, etc.) but pure (97%) D-Limonene weighs 0.842 grams per ml, or about 112 oz. per gallon. If the D-Lim is cut with some lighter solvents, your weight may not be that far off.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I just opened it for use (we stock way in advance) and the product is unacceptable. Once you take the plastic tabs out of the container they curl and make it very difficult to put under a furniture leg.

I have an unopened box, better go check...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
But shouldn't the bottle still be full?

Hard to say, especially with a bottle that contains any volatile solvents - if the bottle gets warmed the vapor pressure can swell the container a little, changing the level inside. The only real way to tell if you've been shortchanged would be to pour the contents of the (unused) bottle into an accurate measuring cup.

CCWorks

Name
Greg
But shouldn't the bottle still be full?

It evaporates over time even if it was never opened.
I had a case and in two year two bottle seemed to be missing in volume, a cup or two.
Stored it in a temperature controlled dark room

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mike or anyone else that got tabs from us that curled up, let your distributor know and you will get them replaced. There is a notice out on that bad batch. If you don't get satisfaction, let me know and I will take care of it.

Gallons are sold by volume. 128 ounces of liquid does not mean 128 ounces of dry weight. The only time they would be equal is for water. Other liquids may weigh more or less than water.

Solvents weigh less than water. That is why you will see oil or other solvents float on top of water. Thus 1 gallon (128 liquid ounces) of solvent would weigh less than 128 ounces.

Citrus Solv is a blend of mostly d'limonene and also includes petroleum solvents. A gallon should weigh 111 ounces. Most are right on the mark. Scales will trip the filling line if a bottle is more than 1 ounce off in weight.

We do allow room at the top of the bottle for expansion. Liquids expand with heat. We don't want the bottle swelling (anymore than it normally does) when it gets to sit in a hot truck or warehouse.

Some solvent may evaporate from the bottle over time. Solvent can even evaporate through the plastic bottle. That is why you may see products that contain solvents in a bottle that looks like the bottle has been sucked in. Some solvent evaporated when the bottle was hot. Later the solvents in the bottled cooled and contracted giving the bottle the shrunken look.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
First order from Olson was last week. I jumped on those in line strainers he had a great deal on. They were here fast...even had some jelly beans for breakfast! ;-)

The Clean Machine

Reactions: John Olson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom