Nice To Wake Up To A Repair Before The Days Jobs

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Last job the day before, went out to the van to start shutting down, and found a nice little spray coming from the bottom "T" on this strainer block on the Thermalwave. Just replaced all the brass fittings because there were leaks. I figured that if I had to pull this thing apart, I might as well change and tape all the fittings. It's time consuming and a bitch to reach everything without a 3rd hand. I bought all new fittings from a Parker store, so they were good quality. Well, I had to change out the bottom "T" because it had a crack right in the middle. 4 bolts hold it on from the rear, very tight compartment. Fortuneatly, I only had to remove the 4 anchor bolts from the back, and pivot the whole assembly out far enough to replace the "T".

Bout an hour.
parts2_zpsf66dc238.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We shut down Friday after a job that was way to big for the end of the day Friday to a small puddle of antifreeze. I was to beat to even bother. I'll find out Monday. Last month I had to replace the water pump. I hope it isn't that again. I bought factory not a cheap knock off.

Gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Parker fittings havent been quality parts for a few yrs now.

So who markets a decent fitting that will withstand our pressures and heat and solutions that we run through them? Not to mention the constant minimal vibrations while the TM is running? Where are the manufacturers buying their fittings?

Back
Top Bottom