Nick's BBQ

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Richard the answer to your love hate relationship with portables will come when you accept the reality of all the work you are missing out on as demonstrated in Willys infamous skyline photos. On another note would it be feasible to use the same propane motors that drive propane burnishers to drive a portable for Alllll them situations that a TM simply can not do .OR use the same propane burnisher motors to generate electricity for high powerd portables. Give it time Richard and I will make all your desires to become the porty lover your heart desires come true.:clap:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to use a heater cart back in the day. The portable would pressurize the inlet side of a propane heater with a bottle on the cart and you got steaming hot water.

BUT it was Micky Mouse, cords & hoses, we'd run a 175 to precondition another cord! We'd pop breakers, people would be pissed when PC's went down. OLD school, much better ways now, shit, that should be malpractice if anyone is doing it now.

Old school? Shheeehhh look who I'm talking, to MR Von Shredded.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I see, that does mean portable. I wasn't pushing Mytee, although there machines look good.

To me all portables are really pretty much the same, same basic components. It's the body and creature features that make the difference. Does it have large wheels that make it easy to maneuver, large recovery tank with a drain that drains at toilet or mop sink level. Is the clean water opening large enough to pour easily or is tiny opening that makes no sense and spills easily. Does it have a 2-inch hose port for better air flow or is it still 1970's 1.5 opening. Do you have to bend down to power the machine up or are the switches up high as they should be. Enough PSI to actually do some real cleaning and enough vacuum to recover it?

Richard;

These new more efficient vac motors are NOT used in any commercial extractor.

This machine has considerably more vacuum power than the Workmaster 250# machines.

Wheels are 10" . Switches are in the base, where they can be changed in a few minutes.

Vac Intake is 2" CuffLynx. Drain is high enough for a 5 Gallon bucket.

Solution Tank opening.
View attachment 1772

Larry

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
We used to use a heater cart back in the day. The portable would pressurize the inlet side of a propane heater with a bottle on the cart and you got steaming hot water.

BUT it was Micky Mouse, cords & hoses, we'd run a 175 to precondition another cord! We'd pop breakers, people would be pissed when PC's went down. OLD school, much better ways now, shit, that should be malpractice if anyone is doing it now.

Old school? Shheeehhh look who I'm talking, to MR Von Shredded.

Nothing old school about my suggestion. And as I have mentioned several times already but don't think the cc industry can wrap their heads around is fuel cell power generation which is common place in the fork lift industry.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Richard;

These new more efficient vac motors are NOT used in any commercial extractor.

This machine has considerably more vacuum power than the Workmaster 250# machines.

Wheels are 10" . Switches are in the base, where they can be changed in a few minutes.

Vac Intake is 2" CuffLynx. Drain is high enough for a 5 Gallon bucket.

Solution Tank opening.
View attachment 1772

Larry

Larry looks like you just made all of Richards porty dreams come true. lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks good Larry. I personally would like a bigger opening for pouring in the fresh water. But I suppose if you poured from the rear you can rest most of the weight on the handle, so you can control pouring better. Not bad if I ever need a portable I'll contact you. Of course I'd have to have a gun to my head......and there are somethings worth taking a bullet for. ; )

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Looks good Larry. I personally would like a bigger opening for pouring in the fresh water. But I suppose if you poured from the rear you can rest most of the weight on the handle, so you can control pouring better. Not bad if I ever need a portable I'll contact you. Of course I'd have to have a gun to my head......and there are somethings worth taking a bullet for. ; )

OMG cant believe that I was here to see your transition and all you porty dreams come true and you are now a porty loving cheerleader. For a guy who has historically voiced his dissatisfaction with porties ,now to say that he would take a bullet for one is just great. As they say IT IS A GOOD DAY to be a porty lover.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Larry given the impact this new porty has had on a highly respected member of this forum, may I suggest you to rename it. ( THE CHAVEZ ) It does have a nice ring to it and a great story behind the reputation for all past portables.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
OMG cant believe that I was here to see your transition and all you porty dreams come true and you are now a porty loving cheerleader. For a guy who has historically voiced his dissatisfaction with porties ,now to say that he would take a bullet for one is just great. As they say IT IS A GOOD DAY to be a porty lover.

We may as well derail Mikey's original Nickfest post with this porty talk.:razz: It seems that Richard has vague memories of pouring water into portys and emptying them and dumping into a toilet. Or a sink. Or outside in the bushes, With the Bee-Gees and Donna Summer playing on his Walkman. That may well be why he has this Pavlovian response to talk of portys. I'm here to tell you Richard that after 600 jobs with my Air Hog porty, there is no buckets involved. Just hoses for either auto fill or direct spray use, and auto dump. There isn't even a fill port or a dump valve anywhere in sight. And we don't use Walkmans anymore to drown out the vacuum whine, we use MP3 players. And listen to 60's rock.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Although it doesn't show it in either the photo or the specs of the ETM, with all the bucketing this machine is getting, why not simply install a ball valve inside the solution tank with a QR under the rear handle and run a hose for auto fill??

:very_drunk:

PS::: Richard, how's your Mex; 'n Hos 'Bots; travelin'?

:stir:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mardie so glad to please you! Now all that is left on my bucketlist (get it "bucket...portables"...on come on!) is for all portable users to call themselves "Semi-Pro". Once they come to terms with that and I can die a happy man.

Art I never liked the Bee Gee's, their sound was just a little too ghey for me.

Here is the thing as one of your customers that you've cleaned for years, I'd question where the Pro 1200 went and the "Semi Pro" equipment came in.
:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Here is the thing as one of your customers that you've cleaned for years, I'd question where the Pro 1200 went and the "Semi Pro" equipment came in.
:twisted:

I had those reservations also, initially, and it was weird to not turn the Pro1200 on to clean after 25 years of doing so. But here's the thing. The pro is in the house, along with all the same equipment, hoses, wands rotary etc. The noise is still outside, just as loud, the vacuum is strong, heat and pressure is just right. And most importantly, the job looks just as great and dries fast, so no one cares if the TM is used or not. Well maybe a couple of anal retentives along the way, but they're never happy anyways, I don't know why they always call me back.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Richard I can understand how hard it must be for you to go through this transition and acceptance thing given your past opinions on portable. I commend you for your display of open minded thinking here on MB. Not that their is anything wrong with that. Arts input into the porty situation has been great and I personally always look forward to his comments.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like Art and I don't know his business so I can't speak to his choice but if I personally would just charge a couple dollars more per job and run the Pro 1200 and keep the portables where they belong.......................collecting dust!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom