Nicotine stained nylon carpet

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
What do you use to remove overall nicotine staining on carpet?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have to try that. Just don't ever get Greased Lightning it has lye in it and is way too caustic for carpet cleaning.
Krud cutter looks good though

steve_64

I've used other crud kuter products. I'll have to try that out Larry.

I usually work on odors more than stains but never had trouble with tabac attack. I've watched stains just melt off walls when I spray them. Carpets always cleaned up well.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
your prespray is going to do a lot of suspending of soils and the nicotine and tar removal.

We have seen where along the edges if a colder climate and home, you will get soil filtration of the nicotine and it can be hard to remove like any other soil filtration.

You can sometimes scrub out those edges just on hands knees with a small brush, or rag...or carefully with a grout brush, but damage to the wall or baseboard is also a concern to deal with.

If there is a brown stain of some nature, it is going to be a tannin stain and something of an oxidizer like our Just Like Magic, Stain Magic, Stain Zone....gosh I am trying to think of other company products here, but there are others that can be applied to oxidize out the stain as well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How do you use it Steve? As a standard prespray? Has the same ingredients as any prespray on the market.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

SamIam

Name
sam miller
3734C370-D552-4393-A225-F3A6DE0F86E1.jpeg
BAD5F90D-A23E-45A8-BCA8-74E39429A2CC.jpeg
73E03CDC-3191-490D-9D61-F0248B881CE3.jpeg
I used grease eater magicwand with a splash of d cide.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Nice job. Wouldn't want to have to wash those walls. Pretty gross.
I wouldnt wash them...i rather convince the owner to have it screened, deodorize and then pained....if insisted on just washing walls, I'll pass

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I wouldnt wash them...i rather convince the owner to have it screened, deodorize and then pained....if insisted on just washing walls, I'll pass

I don't know everything ,Derick (i just think I do)
but what do mean by "screened"??

if a sanding screen, how would you address a textured ceiling ?
(in a joint like Sam's pics, the ceiling gotta be dipping with nicotine too)

thanks

if I could talk the custy into replacing the carpet (I'd try, cause you'll never get all of the nicostink out by cleaning and deo) I'd bucket 'n bush on a Krud Kutter solution and pressure wash them with our baby 'lectric PW'er
Then spray or roll Zensser BIN, then paint

..L.T.A.

Reactions: DAT

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Any degreaser will sweat it out of vinyl paint. Flex works fine. I hose the wall, run a squeegee and recover at the baseboard. Twice, but the second time I use a microfiber mop. Then Saiger’s Cide on the popcorn ceiling and walls.

The carpet is the same thing; Flex, rinse, Saiger’s Cide.
Odor Attack is dadgum good too.

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
@sOOper hero yes sand it with vac connected to it. Sanding all down allow for better deodorizing and primer painted because its more porous. Texture on ceiling would be replaced or removed completely if truly want odor gone. Done it couple time with friend for apt, at least thats their methods..

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mikey P

Administrator
The house next door to our last place in Aptos was sold to an organization that offers temporary housing for the insane.

320 lunetics have move through in the last year, all chain smokers.

I hear the whole neighborhood needs a good Krud Kutting.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We never used it regular for carpet either , Jimmy

Used it most as a safer all purpose cleaner
Discovered by happenstance how supremely effective it was on nicotine compared to all other specific nico porpuse and wicked hot butyl degreasers
(BTW, Zep Industrial Purple kicks Greased Lightings azz)...and won't choke you as bad either
My understanding, Zep IP is the highest butyl concentration regular consumers can buy

I digress....

The first positively gross nicostained carpet I encountered, I did some side by sides comparing KK to several other sledgehammer pre-sprays

And the rest is history

LTA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom