Nightmare on 2nd Street

Joseph225

Was stripping and refinishing the municipal building this weekend, and have a few questions:

- How are urethane and acrylic different?
- Are there any issues with stripping a urethane like you would an acrylic?
- Does urethane self level the same way acrylic does?
- I used 3M Hi-Pro pads for the first time. In one or two places where I scrubbed a second time, it left scratches in the floor. How does one prevent this, if there's still wax in an area to be removed?

Mikey P

Administrator
an oil based Urethane or Polyurethane is typically what you see in homes applied to real wood

more durable than acrylic floor finishes but nearly as serviceable or affordable.

Joseph225

an oil based Urethane or Polyurethane is typically what you see in homes applied to real wood

more durable than acrylic floor finishes but nearly as serviceable or affordable.
I may not have made it clear, but this isn't wood. It's a VCT floor, and a water based urethane I got from Jon-Don. How does maintenance work, does it burnish like an acrylic?

Mikey P

Administrator
This water-based, urethane sealer/finish revolutionizes the way hard surface floors are sealed. It eliminates the fire hazards and excessive cost associated with conventional urethane sealers. It is non-flammable and requires no etching before application.

The combination of urethane and three other polymers fortify Reflection to be exceptionally durable, long-lasting, and abrasion-resistant. It can be applied to a variety of hard surface floors, including new and old concrete, slate, quarry, tile, terrazzo, and marble. It is resistant to a variety of chemicals.

The ease of maintenance is exceptional. In order to repair a worn area, simply clean and reapply another coat. No etching, scraping, grinding is required for dramatically reduced time and labor costs!

Reflection is the ideal answer to customer requests for a high-profile wet look with no daily maintenance requirement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom