Ninja Warrior

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I looked over the new Ninja yesterday- lots lacking, lots of positives.
Didn't like- The wing nuts that hold the guts on the slide tray were utter rubbish. Needs an auto dump and fill. I don't think the vac motor covers are a good idea as the heat will be pretty high inside them. $100's and $100's more for 500 psi instead of the 150? :roll: 1.5 vac barbs, needs 2 inch. Wand holding straps look pretty cheezy.
Likes- The slide out component tray. WAY easier to work on. The actual appearance- Very nice looking machine. Looks easy to hot rod. I could see enough room to put in a REAL pump instead of that shitty pumptec trash. It could also handle a vac booster barb in the front for a tool box booster. Top was nice with the cup(spotter) holder and bucket holder.

I might buy one and give it some REAL FREAKIN' POWER, instead of the "industry standard" crap that comes on all machines. :wink:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
PS- Suppliers feel free to send me a quote. Just the basic machine as I will be doing some major modifications on it.

CleanEvo

I saw one the other day at DK as well. Totally different machine than the old Ninja... looks nice.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've always like those Truckforce portables for something huge and adaptable.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Willy;

One advantage our customers have liked is the noise reduction.

The covered cooling system for the vacs really cuts down the radiated noise.

There are some new 600+ airwatt vac motors that would really add performance and lift.

And a pump like this one:
800nin.jpg

Larry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Larry Cobb said:
Willy;

One advantage our customers have liked is the noise reduction.

The covered cooling system for the vacs really cuts down the radiated noise.

There are some new 600+ airwatt vac motors that would really add performance and lift.

And a pump like this one:
800nin.jpg

Larry

Absolutely Larry. Geez, you got me drooling... I saw the regular Ninjas and they looked anorexic next to the new model. I believe the head would accommodate a "tool box" vac booster by adding another hose barb somewhere alongside the other one. With that pump ..... :D :D :D ( See the pic below)That would give you 4 two stage motors and some pretty awesome power in a porty.

boosterBox05-1.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
having that pressure regulator unloader knob on the inside would be a real pain!

It IS all about power with a porty. Being able to get as much vac and psi and heat without running too many cords. Was in a condo couple weeks ago and a Ninja 150 with heat (2 cords) kept tripping the breakers.
Got to be a way to make a porty run really well with just 2 cords, 3 max.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:
having that pressure regulator unloader knob on the inside would be a real pain!

It IS all about power with a porty. Being able to get as much vac and psi and heat without running too many cords. Was in a condo couple weeks ago and a Ninja 150 with heat (2 cords) kept tripping the breakers.
Got to be a way to make a porty run really well with just 2 cords, 3 max.

Ron, I run 2 cords for my machine- 1 on the kitchen wall/splashboard for 2 vacs , the stove plug for the pump and another vac and 2 cords for the heater and that's the minimum I can use to get enough power. If I go past 50 feet, another one for the inline booster. The inline heaters are a complete waste of time IMO as they cook the guts and don't have the wattage to sustain anything but a short burst of heat. I've experimented with everything and that's about it. ( I carry 275 feet of 12/3 extension cords :shock: ) The unloaders can be external mounts.

* One trick if you're having problems with the breakers is to steal a wall plug from the exterior hallway. They're generally, (but not always) 20 amp service.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have 2. Both are dual cord Kleenrite. I've run both at the same time - 7500 watts of heat. :D (And a 7 cord set up :shock: ) Usually, just one is plenty if the tap water is hot enough. I blistered myself a few times. Not as hot as Bob's Judson, but pretty damn hot. I'm trying to find time to take a day trip over your way and I'll bring my toys for play time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sounds like fun. Give me some heads up when you come over.

Running portable in a rural area takes on a new meaning. Wiring is not always up to the new code. In some places where I ran porty I was lucky to find 2 good plugs let alone 3 or more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom