Nitrogen inflated tires

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Does anyone else us it? The used van I bought has them and it seems to ride very nice. I need to check the pressure and likely add but don't know where to find it. Any suggestions?

Gary T

You can try a Firestone, Just Tires, or one of those places. Nitrogen is much more stable than air, as it is much less affected by temp change. Is it worth the extra $$$$$ to pump into our tires? Many experts say no. Our vehicles do not go through the stresses as Nascar, and other race vehicles where nitrogen really benefits the handling of those cars. Personally, I wouldn't waste the $$$$$$.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
A local place called "Tire Discounters" offers Nitrogen inflation on all there tires and tire rotation for free.

Brett

Costco was using it. Don't know if they still do. Another advantage of nitrogen was that it leaked out slower than air.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you pay for nitrogen, your payback in fuel saving will take... forever.

The only real benefit in regular vehicle use is that, at least right now, the nitrogen doesn't carry the moisture that comes from poorly maintained air compressor systems. Even that amount of water usually only has a negative effect on larger truck tires so other than make you feel like you're doing something green there is no real benefit to using nitrogen in your tires. Take your nitrogen money and buy a tire pressure guage instead.

Becker

Name
Becker
Don't add regular air to your tires inflated with N,7.
That's why you have the green caps, so any tech will know not to add regular air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom