No Frills move-out cleaning.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
If somebody just wants the basic for a move-out... Is this a pass? They didn't want anything special done to the urine, and declined my recommendation to have it scrubbed and padded.

Here is before of LR

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

And here is after:
IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
yup, I think if they're not gonna pay for it, you can only do what you can do. Gotta make money no matter what.

Farenheit251

I can unload the scrubber and be done scrubbing that room in under 10 minutes. No way I am going to spend the time to drive there,set up vacuum and clean and not spend an extra 10 minutes.
Your best potential customer is the landlord,not the tenant.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Lyman said:
What is your basic charge for that. You vacuumed and didn't groom.

I groomed on my way out the door. I'm not going to groom it just for the stupid picture and then track over it again.

I charged $160.00 for that room and a BR and MBR

TimP

I don't see a problem with it Gary.

If you're flushing with a greenhorn you shouldn't need to pad or prescrub unless it's rat nasty. Only thing I "may" have done with that is spray extra pre spray on the traffic lanes and scrub them with a brush of some sort by hand. Oh and on rental carpet I always use an emulsifier....I think that would of helped you if you didn't use one.

I have to go with Marty on this one....you guys are just over complicating it when it looks like that (cause that's not trashed). Although I can't see any urine spots in the pictures but padding and scrubbing should make no difference on them in my personal experience.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You are still making around .25 per sq ft. and didn’t have to deal with furniture. Not bad in my opinion. I do allot of trashed rentals because most of my work is in a college town. I rarely pre-scrub with GLS or bonnet because it’s one more thing to carry on the truck. I let the chemicals do most of the work. If it is good quality carpet I boost with some citrus. If its builders grade I napalm with butyl. I have been making a point to try to avoid butyl, but when damaging the stain resistant properties of the carpet is not an issue, It’s totally trashed and I am the only one around I mix it hot and rock n roll.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Does anybody see the gray traffic lane in the two after shots?

They treated the pee with some pet-store stuff that didn't take the color out. There was no real bad stink, just a little bit of discoloration. I suppose I could have thrown down some peroxide... but these are repeat customers and they are kinda chem-phobic, the last thing I want is them coming back for something, taking their shoes off and getting a peroxide burn on their foot.

I vacuumed, pre-sprayed, agitated the traffic lane with a rake, did some basic spotting, edged, extracted, dried and groomed.

TimP

Often times traffic lanes are going to look grey cause well they are traffic lanes and have worn scratches which make it look grey.

To tell if soil is left you take a white towel and rub....white towel= clean dirty towel = incomplete extraction of soil.

Quite simple.....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know that. I didn't do the towel test, but I wouldn't be confident to do the towel test in front of the customer, that's for sure. I have found a lot of stuff that I thought was wear actually cleans out if you get all YODA about it. Sometimes it doesn't, and then you feel like a tool for spending half the day trying to polish a turd.

Ernie, I imagine you are being sarcastic. I checked out your website, you seem to run a propheshunal operation. Kudos to you. My karate is good, your karate is better, I get it.

Seriously though, I liked the website and the FAQ.

Name
Nate W.
B&BGaryC said:
I know that. I didn't do the towel test, but I wouldn't be confident to do the towel test in front of the customer, that's for sure. I have found a lot of stuff that I thought was wear actually cleans out if you get all YODA about it. Sometimes it doesn't, and then you feel like a tool for spending half the day trying to polish a turd.

Ernie, I imagine you are being sarcastic. I checked out your website, you seem to run a propheshunal operation. Kudos to you. My karate is good, your karate is better, I get it.

Seriously though, I liked the website and the FAQ.

This is comin from a wise a$$. For the life of me, I can't see how Ernie was being sarcastic. That's just me though. :roll:

John Watson

Gary, Ernie is easy, just kick the big fella in the knee, Just watch out whats behind him.... I do have black belt in crowbar and 2x4..... Like Nate said see no sarcastic crap but yours..

By the way, FYI This here Ernie fella is one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet. He is so nice it pisses me off to be around him for to long, it starts to rub off...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Sorry Ernie. I guess I was wrong. I am CONSTANTLY underbid in my town. I am underbid by guys who have big fancy operations like you. Then I find myself caught up in debates here about how 43 cent/foot clean/protect or 95 cent/foot scrub/clean/protect/deo/wash-the-dog is too much.

I wasn't being sarcastic about the FAQ... I'd keep an eye out for a B&B website popping up with every seventh word changed.

Just joshing you, I won't snag your FAQ.

What % chance is there you have a surfactant that will remove shoe residue from my mouth?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It looks like crap Gary. Dirty in front of sofa, air vent and at door. You raked in the prespray which is more effort than buzzing over those areas with a 175 which would have given MUCH better results. I don't see why people make such a big deal about using a simple machine that produces such excellent results in a few minutes effortlessly. I never charge to use a 175 for preconditioning. It's for my own benefit.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Half the guys here would bitch about how you gave away a million dollars to charity if they had the chance.

If you communicated all options to the customer and they're happy with the results......job well done.

Ernie G

Hey Gary, I think you misunderstood me, I was just saying, you gave them what they paid for. Not judge-ing you.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It's okay ernie, I'm just used to getting slammed when I don't break out the Jedi arts on a carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom