no installation carpet?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
my carpet installer tells me the carpet mills are working on a carpet that doesnt need an installer. Supposed to be pretty heavy. Seems the mills have major problems with poor installations.

Anyone else hear of this?

Mikey P

Administrator
my carpet installer tells me the carpet mills are working on a carpet that doesnt need an installer. Supposed to be pretty heavy. Seems the mills have major problems with poor installations.

Anyone else hear of this?
Cut to fit?

what industry isn't plagued by dim wit workers now a days

Mikey P

Administrator
Not power stretched, bad seams, seams in the wrong place, etc. One of the worst was a "perimeter" glue down. Glides all the edges and that was it. When cleaned, the seams came apart. The carpet company ended up replacing 4 hallways in a condo building.

All the good career installers died off or retired, we now have a new wave of entry level millennials who were not smart enough to find a job less damaging to their bodies. Neck tatts galore.

Mikey P

Administrator
LOL...
The installer "trades" has had an overabundance of "dysfunctional" types 'fore as long as I can remember

as far as "no installer" needed.
Impossible
it's still has to toted in, rolled out, cut 'n seamed

..L.T.A.

Maybe it's stretched to fit and launderable like those new goofy area rugs

Reactions: Dolly Llama

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I actually did well installing carpet when i did. I rather clean tho

Reactions: Willy P

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Well is doing the job right with right tools. I was taught correctly.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It was introduced at Surfaces a couple of years ago. Supposedly installs with double faced tape. I think I posted something about it then, haven't seen it in use yet.

Here it is (2019):

Mohawk has a new fuzzy product they call Air.o and have dubbed it a Unified Soft Floorcovering. Still carpet, but carpet made with an attached synthetic cushion that doesn’t have to be stretched in by a professional carpet layer. Installation is done using double-sided tape instead of traditional stretching. Since both pile and padding are the same fiber and no adhesives are used, it’s 100% recyclable. Air.o is very new, so we’ll have to see how well it holds up to use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom