NO MORE 6.0 L GMC

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Gm got rid of the 6 liter, it is either a 5.3 liter or they are putting there diesel in 3500 vans now. I think the diesel is 360 hp and 520 fp torque. The 5.3 motor has cylinder management or it drops 4 cylinders when not needed. That would be nice to clean with only 1/2 the motor using gas.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
In a recent consumer's reports with the Chevy Tahoe and its 4 cylinder shut off management to save gas....................No improvement.

Marketing BS.

TimP

I have a relative with a suburban with the cylinder deactivation. I drove it one time and put the screen on that shows what mode it's in. It hardly ever stayed in 4 cylinder mode. The best it could do was 6 and that was mostly on a slope or very flat ground. I would say it's a waste, it saves about 1 mpg real world. We also have it on our Honda Odyssey and that's what it's good for 1 mpg.

However I don't know if it would help with a pto. Probably some but I wouldn't expect much.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I would think it would help more with the PTO, NO?

you're only using 25 to 30 HP max to drive the unit

..L.T.A.

TimP

With our odyssey I know it wont work under 25 mph. It's in full 6 cyl mode when under 25 mph.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
That crap has been around for years. My granny had a 4-6-8 cadillac. I think it was around an 80 or 81 model.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Works only when you idle...........at a stop light.

Big woop.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Butler calculates 1550 rpms at 33 miles per hour. However the load on the vacuum will effect the miles per gallon of fuel the engine consumes.
I like the GMC 6L engine, more power means less strain on the engine. I use 2 1/2" vac hose on my Butler 47. When gas went over $4 a gallon I stopped running at Mach II for single wand carpet cleaning.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Glad we got a couple while they were still available. I guess we'll skip new trucks next year while GM gets to do R&D on their customers again.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lyman;

The cylinder deactivation would help a lot for PTO usage.

The real question is the computer programming on the model in question. It has certain conditions required for cylinder deactivation.

A competent computer tuner should be able to make it work with good results.

I have been playing with that and looking at "lean cruise" on my Chevy truck for a while.

Larry

wired

I have a 2007 Butler and run most of the time on the idle speed. That is running 180 ft. max 2 and half in. any more than that I run at mach 1 . I have never run this truck at mach 2. There is no point in this. I use an Rx20 at ideal speed and it more than enough and I can double my Gas . I have tried to stay close to home and this has worked very well for me. I am doing more houses than I ever have this summer . Just word of mouth from custumers has been all I need.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
wired said:
I have a 2007 Butler and run most of the time on the idle speed. That is running 180 ft. max 2 and half in. any more than that I run at mach 1 . I have never run this truck at mach 2. There is no point in this. I use an Rx20 at ideal speed and it more than enough and I can double my Gas . I have tried to stay close to home and this has worked very well for me. I am doing more houses than I ever have this summer . Just word of mouth from custumers has been all I need.
Mach I on the Butler is 1550 rpms engine speed, Mach II is 1700. There is a noticeable difference in air movement (cfm) and lift (HG's) when the engine rpms are increased by 150. We both run 2 1/2" vac hose. We could debate all night if the value of the increased air movement and slightly decreased drying time for the consumer is equal to the slightly increased cost of fuel for the business.
However I don't see the logic in cleaning carpet at the Butler's idle speed. The engine speed at idle is 550 rpms. The blower is spinning at approximately 1/3 of the rpms then it does at Mach I. Not only is the blower not moving a lot of air the lift is also almost nonexistent. You may get results that your happy with and that's OK. The purpose of my reply is to point out you are not using the Butler to anywhere near its potential running it this way,IMHO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom