No pleasing some people

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I had a challenging job the other day.

I was doing a vacate clean and the carpets were being cleaned the next day by another recommended cleaner.

The carpets were very bad.

I said I was confident I could get the stains out and quoted $360.

She then told me the other guy wanted payment the day before and had quoted $990. He couldn't guarantee removal of All stains. She was about to pay him.

She cancelled him and went with me.

I managed to get all the stains out.

I called her early the next day and asked her how the carpet was.

No mention of the clean carpet just "It is still slightly damp"

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
John;

Can never "please" all people all of the time, period. For what ever the reason.

She is a pure example of someone who should look in the mirror and be critical of herself than to be so negative of anything or anyone around her.

Oh well,................the beat goes on. I am sure you did a great job and as a owner operator we all have to have big shoulders and even though we all deserve a pat on the back, the focus will most always be "on themselves".

Great post.

Reactions: JohnHawkP
Name
jack zerkie
:headbang:
Murphy's law when you ask then there's a problem. But don't ask and things seem to be fine. Some years I can go without any complaints. Then two maybe three complaints about problems that are not fixable. It just seems just how life is.
I'm counting about 500 jobs in a row without complaints. Then lookout time to catch up.jz.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Two conclusions:
  1. Some people always concentrate on the negative. Can't help or change that.
  2. Had you charged the $990.00, it would have been a lot easier to put up with :winky:
One conclusion, some people look at something that was done very well, and try to find some little thing wrong and make such a deal out of it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom