noise complaint

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am cleaning this rat dump meth lab yesterday..(a whole another story)
and my cell phone goes off.........I don't answer my phone because I don't have to Tia takes all the call and bookings but I always look at it because if it is her I know there is a problem because she knows not to disturb me while I am cleaning in a clients home........It's Tia............So I put down the wand and go into the other room.........She tells me that there is a irate person somewhere around the neighborhood where I am working and to be careful that he may approach me........I am not one to worry about people to much so I told her I would call her when I am done...............so I finish the job and get wrapped up and call her.

Some old man called and was yelling at her because he feels he is going to have to leave his house because of the noise the machine is giving out. The noise was going threw his triple pain windows...He is going to sue use for hearing loss and we are going to reported to the EPA (?)
There must be something wrong with our machine because he has had his carpets cleaned before and it was never this load.........

Tia calmly tells him that the sound he is hearing is the sound of a good quality machine helping his neighbor to get the best cleaning possible.....we are well with in the required noise limits and please feel free to report us to whom ever he feels is necessary because we are more than prepared to answer any questions from who ever calls.....phone goes dead and no one ever approached me.........

it just totally amazes me how many people need to get a life...........

G

Yet another neighborhood impression made by a vortex...

Not to worry Jim...you aren't the first (or last) owner to piss someone off...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this was not a normal I have a problem with the noise complaint.I have had people commit on how load it is but not in a negative way.......

This old guy was just a ass and had to try to show everyone how big of one he could be......

I was supposed to do the whole house but due to the condition not dirt. but wear and separation I could only clean 2 room so the truck was only fired for about 45 min tops.......

Mikey P

Administrator
I have had more then a few of those incidents Jim.

almost to a T.

I hear the BLV coming to MF is very quiet.

About damn time.

Give it a couple years and you'll be calling Tia to complain too....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I had the CDS here I ran it in comparison and they were pretty much the same.the CDS was a higher tone but not by much.........

I have been approached buy people on the noise of the CDS so far....... more then the Vortex.........

I personally think it is just a people thing....some people need attention in there life and can only get it by being a ass.... like yesterday..........I bet it could of been a lawn mower cutting grass and this guy would of bitched if there was a phone # on the side of it to call........

G

Jim..have more kool-aid...

The cops shut Demien down for voorteck noise!

G

Demien is a local friend who has a voretecks.

This happened a month or two ago.

G

He stopped running his LOUD voretecks so he wouldn't get a TICKET for a NOISE VIOLATION...

Have another glass!!!

G

Come to voretecksfest in Santa Cruz this week and ask him yourself...

Be sure to speak loudly and clearly to him...he's a little hard of hearing after getting his voretecks...

Shane

I've had no noise complaints, no leaks in my fresh water tank and no walk ups. :)

It took you 45 minutes to complete 2 rooms with a monster truckmount? Is that typical of that machine, or was there more involved? I'm not trying to be a wise ass here. I'm really just curious.

It took you 45 minutes to complete 2 rooms with a monster truckmount? Is that typical of that machine, or was there more involved? I'm not trying to be a wise ass here. I'm really just curious.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that monster truck mount does not give me speed in my cleanings but it has given me a lot of efficiently.........It has allowed me to cut corners (for the lack of a better way of putting it ) on the truck not on my cleanings.......

the 45 min is not typical for most but it is about right for me........I am not ever in a hurry and I clean different from most.......

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know what you're saying. It takes me between 20 to 30 minutes to clean a room. I don't get in a hurry either.

Why hurry, unless you are undercharging?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
7 minutes..........

what happen did he fall out of bed and have to start over

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
I rarely get noise complaints, more like compliments.

But the last one was when we were in a piss laden ally doing a restaurant and a guy called. I know the city noise law and we were right so I told him to call the cops. I HAD JUST FINISHED CALLING THE COPS MYSELF TO GET A CAR OUT OF THE ALLY AFTER 45 MINUTES SO WE COULD DO THE JOB.

I wish I had told him to just buy a freakin' house instead of living on skid row.

Rex Tyus

I once had a restaurant I cleaned late at night right across the street from a Bed n Breakfast. The owner of that establishment will NEVER use me. I was concerned about a hit on me for awhile. That is the only significant complaint I have had. Of course I don't have a V. All I have is a wimpy 56 blower.

John Crystal

I had one guy walk right in the house i was cleaning and yell at me that i need to put a muffler on the truck. I told him to call the police and have them come talk to me, he did. When the police lady came she was very nice and said your a carpet cleaner, you are going to make noise.
We told her that if he wants to issue a citation to me the owner of the house will file trespassing charges on him, he was not invited in the house.
Never heard another thing from the officer.
Kinda blew me away, his house was a 100 yards from the end of the run way of the airport.
People are funny.

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
Hey Jim,
I'm in the process of turning my trucks silencer 90 degrees so the exhaust points towards the cab. to that I'm adding a 5 inch diesel full flow muffler and stack which will run up the front of box.
I was hoping to get it done by mike fest but was unable to.

After that I'm enclosing the blower to try and further reduce noise. I'll pose pictures when it's done.
Demien

Name
Lee Stockwell
These blowers are very plentiful in industry, and on pumper trucks around the world. Few are as noisy as a carpet cleaner truck because they use better silencers and blower enclosures (often designed by the blower manufactures themselves).

Tuthill has one of the best noise abatement systems, but our industry likes to reinvent the wheel and claim exclusivity.

Thanks,
Lee

Back
Top Bottom