Not a fun topic but..

Business..

• As usual.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Walt

Over all up from last year. Last month was strong. This week was booked solid. Next week - only two jobs booked so far. We'll see.

Commercial work is a little up from last year. But not much. I haven't gotten the last couple of bids. One I bid super low on accident. And I didn't get it ???

Name
I'm Rick James
Things are getting busier here. Only been in business for a couple of months, but I am getting by. I am looking forward to next spring when things really get going. This winter is a great time to plan your marketing plan for next spring. Great industry to be in.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Oct. was only 200.00 over last year so it wasn't all that good. I really don't get scared about getting slow I just do more flyers! (I have been slacking) For me flyers are like cold calls but less invasive and they get the hint.

I have noticed that custy's from 2 years are turning me away because of my price increase but thats alright with me. 8)

Thing is, if i'm not going to make what I want on a job they can call someone else.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Just let my helper go for the winter so I'm likin' the slowdown. It's time to get ready for the holidays and rest the body.

Able 1

Name
Keith
admiralclean said:
So you're both happy.

See? It's a win/win situation.

They'll come back Stuie don't you worry about that, Oh wait your out of comission today because you type real good! :lol:

Walt

UPDATE:

Well things have officially slowed. I was booked all last week - not one opening. This week, not counting commercial, only three jobs. yikes.

Have any of you been having cancelations? I rarely used to have people call and cancel. Lately, I've had several. People calling to apologize that they just can't afford it right now.

LeeCory

I always wonder how others are doing because many times things are similar here.

Business has been very busy for me since school started and has not let up yet. I am very busy and am looking forward to things slowing a bit, but not looking forward to Feb...

I sold my Corvette and some other items to invest in water damage restoration training and equipment. I am about to also sell my Cimex "which does not see enough work" to go towards another dehumidifier. I was fortunate enough to actually have a water damage job waiting for my equipment to be delivered by semi, and the day I unloaded it went right to work. Drying jobs have been giving a great kick to the bottom line. I am hoping that water damage will help keep things happy during the couple slow months that I know are coming.

I send out almost 20,000 flyers a month which has always focused on carpet cleaning. However for the last two months it is completely about water damage. I am getting calls from folks that had floods months ago.... and it's amazing how long carpet and drywall will remain wet.... of course they think it's dry and just dont know why they have an odor... :)

What is everyone else doing to plan for the slow months ahead?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Things are bad. Most of my work is as a subcontractor for a ServiceMaster franchise. They used to give me a ton of work so I got lazy and stopped trying to grow my business. About a year ago the owner passed away and his wife has been trying to run it. She has lost most of the business and never pays onetime. I am going to work hard on sales and marketing and give it one more year.

Back
Top Bottom