Not Carpet

Mikey P

Administrator
This 22 year old shower had failed grout on every floor to wall joint as well as the two wall to wall joints.

Yellow/Orange and black mold was prolific through out.

There was a ton of efflorescence build up on 70 of the grout on the floor and loads of crust on the floor tiles as well and I wish like F I had taken more photos...

5 hours for $950 which here in Retirementville is amazing for tile work.

1582341668680.png

1582341725088.png

1582341755856.png

1582341776911.png

and yes, that one grout line in the corner didn't show up in person and is now driving me nuts.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Even if I tried to market that service on showers heavy, I think it'd fail over here in backwoods idiotville. 5hrs on a shower over here would be about $625-$700. When I told the customer that price, they would just use that money to pay to re-grout their shower.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Chandler
This 22 year old shower had failed grout on every floor to wall joint as well as the two wall to wall joints.

Yellow/Orange and black mold was prolific through out.

There was a ton of efflorescence build up on 70 of the grout on the floor and loads of crust on the floor tiles as well and I wish like F I had taken more photos...

5 hours for $950 which here in Retirementville is amazing for tile work.

View attachment 97114

View attachment 97115

View attachment 97116

View attachment 97117

and yes, that one grout line in the corner didn't show up in person and is now driving me nuts.
Wow I can’t wait to have this service and these results😀

Mikey P

Administrator
Even if I tried to market that service on showers heavy, I think it'd fail over here in backwoods idiotville. 5hrs on a shower over here would be about $625-$700. When I told the customer that price, they would just use that money to pay to re-grout their shower.

If the can find the regrouting Unicorn, by all means.

They don't come west of the Mississippi

• Haha
Reactions: Chandler Thompson

steve_64

How did you decide the sub floor wasn't damaged enough that it should be ripped out? Serious question.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
looks good, ahh but i see clear silicone mildew from the inside on aluminum frame to tile interface

Mikey P

Administrator
you dont have to remove the frame to remove the silicone....

of course not but the mold is under the framework and if I put silicone back which it needs it's just going to come back almost immediately and there for so will I...

I tell them all if they want the mold underneath the clear silicone around frames they're going to have to remove the frame and clean underneath I've removed enough frames and cleaned underneath them to see the massive amount of mold and spuge that collects under those

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
of course not but the mold is under the framework and if I put silicone back which it needs it's just going to come back almost immediately and there for so will I...

I tell them all if they want the mold underneath the clear silicone around frames they're going to have to remove the frame and clean underneath I've removed enough frames and cleaned underneath them to see the massive amount of mold and spuge that collects under those
One of the 2 main reasons I didn't get a fancy glass door when I remodeled my bathroom. Fighting soap scum on the glass and having mold problems where I can't access

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
matt, frameless is the in now, greatly reducing that mold issue, if not completely depending on design
also switching to liquid soap will reduce maintrnance greatly

Mike, i get it. we will remove and treat mold and use a colored silicone that way it doesn transluce like clear.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

I use bar soap and find more issues with Gennys soft soaps than my bar soap. The soft soap falls off in globs. But our biggest issue is scale from the water and that's not bad.

Mikey P

Administrator
matt, frameless is the in now, greatly reducing that mold issue, if not completely depending on design
also switching to liquid soap will reduce maintrnance greatly

Mike, i get it. we will remove and treat mold and use a colored silicone that way it doesn transluce like clear.

The offer was made

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom