Not happy with this repair!

timlakeman

I recently did an iron burn repair on loop poly. I counted the rows in both directions. The loop was two tone alternate so could be counted easier. When installing the doner, it turned out to be slightly larger than the hole. I had carefully trimmed the base right up to the loop as far as possible without displacing it. Needless to say that the finish job was not perfect although acceptable to "rental property". Any one have any suggestions as how to do differently in future.
I didn't take pictures so can't show you how it looked, apart from saying it looked 'slightly baggy'.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My guess is because the rest of the carpet was stretched in and the doner was not. I don't know how to fix it.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Insert an adhesive seam sealer if little. Bubble glue if it is big. Than tractor it down it should sit flat.

safeclean

It sounds like a stretch in, hey Tim give me a call today to discuss what happened having a kool glide helps but I am unsure excatly what you had a problem with when you come up I will show you how to rectify these situations.

Craig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom