Not my Week

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Monday night lost a tranny, Wednesday afternoon severed an artery and some tendons in the wrist on a porcelain sink. Wish me better luck

Attachments

• IMG_6546.JPG
    IMG_6546.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_6556.JPG
    IMG_6556.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Monnday night lost a tranny, Wednesday afternoon severed an artery and some tendons in the wrist on a porcelain sink. Wish me better luck

I saw that Billy!

Damn... Just sucks to see that injury!

My transmission is out of my new GMC and Butler as of today too.

Injury free yet but life has been whooping my butt in other ways as well...

Here's to healing and better times!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
oh man...hate to hear that, Billy

money can fix the truck
cut tendons ??
damn dude , hoping for a speedy and full recovery

.L.T.A.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Maybe a different name would help. Sorry to hear that.

and about your arm BLewis.

Reactions: FB7777

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Here's the culprit and one of 4 towels I filled with blood.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dang! Sorry for the bad news Billy. Before all that happened, has life been good on your side?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Wow, Billy. Man, you have just GOT to be careful all the time. Slippery steps, broken glass, needles in the filter, just so many ways. If you can, get a brace on that to immobilize it for the next few days while it begins to knit together. Better days ahead!

Reactions: BLewis

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Dang, Mark u didn't even have her broken in yet

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Wow Billy that's a tough week. Hope you heal fast.

That sucks Mark. As frustrating as it is, at least she didn't do it to you on the road. That would have been much worse.
Thanks Richard. I see I missed you yet again last month...one day!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Dang!
Glad you’re still living.
Did they do surgery?
2.5 hours. It was scary to be honest. We were doing our 3rd apartment carpet and VCT Strip @ wax. I was stripping around the Porcelin pedal sink and went to move the base to scrub around it (like I've done at least 50 times before) and when it didn't budge I grabbed it with both hands and gave a jerk, it must have already been under a stress load because it busted and when I reacted I also hit my head on the sink. At first I was concerned about my head until I saw all the blood! My son was cleaning the stairs so I went and got him to help. If it had knocked me out I would've been a goner because he wouldn't have even known that anything had happened. He called ambulance and he tried a temp turniqit until ambulance got there and I applied direct pressure best I could but soaked 4 towels before they got there, they transported me 30 miles away from Winchester to UK hospital

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just a freak accident. I've moved these pedestals at least 50 times before without issue. This one must have already been under stress so when I tried to force it to move it busted. They'll stay put from now on! It was just me trying to go beyond the call of duty trying to do the best job I could for the client. We were stripping and waxing floors and I usually move the base around to get a clean strip so there will be a neat finish in the end

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2.5 hours. It was scary to be honest. We were doing our 3rd apartment carpet and VCT Strip @ wax. I was stripping around the Porcelin pedal sink and went to move the base to scrub around it (like I've done at least 50 times before) and when it didn't budge I grabbed it with both hands and gave a jerk, it must have already been under a stress load because it busted and when I reacted I also hit my head on the sink. At first I was concerned about my head until I saw all the blood! My son was cleaning the stairs so I went and got him to help. If it had knocked me out I would've been a goner because he wouldn't have even known that anything had happened. He called ambulance and he tried a temp turniqit until ambulance got there and I applied direct pressure best I could but soaked 4 towels before they got there, they transported me 30 miles away from Winchester to UK hospital
:eekk:
Man that's scary! Thankfully you're still with us! :cool:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Cut my wrist using a chainsaw up in a boom truck many years ago working for a tree cutter. Guy was sleeping in the truck and truck stalled. Had to use the battery to get me down. Blood squirting everywhere. Ran to the local gas station in this little town. Yelled at the guy to get off the phone and call me an ambulance. One came and............drove around the block to the doctor's office. I could have just walked there if I had known where it was!

Just one of the reasons I am a carpet cleaner today!

But take care man!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
So they ended up cutting it even bigger to do the repairs. He told me they might

Attachments

• IMG_6575.JPG
    IMG_6575.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 197
Reactions: Total_Rookie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom