Not really carpet cleaning related but,

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My son works in the water treatment industry. He needs to change the resin in some very large industrial size water softeners. They would like to vacuum it out and into some 50 gallon drums and I was thinking they could use a large shop-vac connected to the drum or perhaps a vac booster something like the one Willy P made. I have a couple new old stock lamb vac motors laying around but they have not nipples on the suction ports. Any ideas?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
wouldn't be hard to make a drum lid similar to this, and just swap it from 1 drum to the next
Screenshot_20191203-114845_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Newman

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Yea, their plastic drums already have bung holes in the top. I believe some pvc hose barb fittings can easily be used. Mostly wondering what would be the best way to create a vacuum in the drum.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
They have an abundance of the plastic drums. They would need to cut the tops off if using the drumhead vacs.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
We were wondering if a shop vac could do it. It would probably be worth a try to see if it can create enough suction to pick up the resin out of a 6 or 8 foot tall tank.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
We were wondering if a shop vac could do it. It would probably be worth a try to see if it can create enough suction to pick up the resin out of a 6 or 8 foot tall tank.

Resin is pretty lightweight. They may need to rock it or break it up since it was wet and will want to stick together the other thing they could do is line the whole drum like a bag and then pour the resin in that way. And use something to lift it out and dispose that way.

Some of my resin uses those net material inside of cartridges

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom