Notice anything familiar?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah, i was just browsing online and stumbled across this guy using my logo LOL. Weird that people will just flat out take a logo and not think anything of it.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I called that guy and he told me he didn't see any problem with copying my website. He claimed that our process of cleaning was the same so it worked for him to use it.

He'll be receiving a love letter from my attorney any day now.

Ben that is a kick ass web-site.

Did you get a new truck?

I really like the wrap and your entire company image.

lance

10 times more powerful than your competition......not if your competition uses a 45 blower, because I doubt that your Aero Tech can achieve 2500 cfm and 160" hg of lift.

The truck in the picture only carries 250 gallons of water not 400.

Propriety Pre- conditioners......so you had a chemist make all your Pre-sprays that no one else has?

Everything is perfectly calculated......so you do that on the job with what? A spectrograph analyzer and a Cray computer? Doubtful.

Able to kill germ and bacteria with 260 degree water. Which germs and bacteria are that, specifically? A hospital uses an autoclave to sanitize their instruments and it takes time. More time than moving a wand over a piece of carpet.

Ben, half of the information on the front page of your website is made up. Don't you realize that just because you think it and say it doesn't mean that it is true?

What will "your" company gross THIS YEAR? Let me guess.....$786,412.62 Am I close?

Good luck in your alternate world.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Lance we have trucks that have onboard 400 gallon fresh water tanks my friend.
Most of our competition are using machines powered by lawn mower engines, not automotive turbo diesel engines with big blowers capable of running 3 wands without losing suction.
Yes, our cleaning products are proprietary, I did have a chemist make our product line....

Everything from our pressure, to our heat, to our suction, to our pre-conditioners, to our cleaning process is calculated to achieve the best results possible.

When you use 250-260 degrees this will kill bacteria and germs - this is a well known fact.

I won't get into discussing how much I gross because you'll find a way to discount that as well....

Name
Shawn Forsythe
bensurdi said:
When you use 250-260 degrees this will kill bacteria and germs - this is a well known fact..

Been there, done that, Ben.

Your site and your statements here seem to lead one to believe you are claiming that your process and/or equipment qualify as application of an antimicrobial product, As such, it is then regulated under FIFRA, necessitating registration. This is to assure the consumer public that you can adequately conform to your claim of reduction in antimicrobial activity, e.g. safe and effective. You wouldn't be the first to invite regulatory action to enforce this provision of FIFRA.

In order to make a claim of pesticide activity registration is required, along with prescribed testing of the process to ensure that the detailed list of claims (types and/or species of microbial) can be proven. Hot Water Extraction has never been legally able to make this claim, hence no registrants of the process are known to exist. It is thus far impossible to impart the requisite heat to enough of the mass comprising the entire carpet porous surface, for the requisite period of time to adequately ensure even the lowest level of antimicrobial control, that being sanitization, for a significant number of pest (bacteria, virus, fungi, etc) types or species . Moreover, your process would have to show that it achieves its aim 100% of the time, when performed as the tested protocol indicates. Notwithstanding any state regulations that may apply, such as state EPA registration and/or licensing of the operator of a business claiming performance for hire the legal definition of exterminator/pest control.

Heat does kill. However, it must be qualified. How much, how long, what is the coverage (whole fiber/strand/yarn? backing?) What types/strains/species? And do you have the procedure outlines with assurance that all factors are checked and accounted for. All of this information is covered in a registration.

http://www.epa.gov/opp00001/factsheets/antimic.htm
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/pest-habitat-claims.html
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/legisfac.htm

Mike Draper

Unless you are running AT's that are 1-2 yrs old and newer, your plumbing is 2". "restriction". My friend has an AT and I have tested the CFM's on it. It does lose suction just like all other blower's do when hose it out. The CFM's weren't much over my 408 blower, not even 23% if I can remember correctly. 250 at the truck vs. 250 atw is a whole different story. Nobody really runs 250 at the wand, its just stupid and dangerous. 235+ atw it starts to his and spit and you are just looking for a big accident and lawsuit. I haven't seen your site or logo, but you could get your logo copyrighted i suppose. Has any one here done this?? I considered getting an AT before I built my truck, but unless you are truly duel wanding every week, there is absolutely no reason to spend that much money on fuel and maintenance. As for triple wanding.....you might as well be using #3 blowers at this point. I doubt you would even get #3 blower performance.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Shawn Forsythe said:
bensurdi said:
When you use 250-260 degrees this will kill bacteria and germs - this is a well known fact..

Your site and your statements here seem to lead one to believe you are claiming that your process and/or equipment qualify as application of an antimicrobial product, As such, it is then regulated under FIFRA, necessitating registration. This is to assure the consumer public that you can adequately conform to your claim of reduction in antimicrobial activity, e.g. safe and effective. You wouldn't be the first to invite regulatory action to enforce this provision of FIFRA.

In order to make a claim of pesticide activity registration is required, along with prescribed testing of the process to ensure that the detailed list of claims (types and/or species of microbial) can be proven. Hot Water Extraction has never been legally able to make this claim, hence no registrants of the process are known to exist. It is thus far impossible to impart the requisite heat to enough of the mass comprising the entire carpet porous surface, for the requisite period of time to adequately ensure even the lowest level of antimicrobial control, that being sanitization, for a significant number of pest (bacteria, virus, fungi, etc) types or species . Moreover, your process would have to show that it achieves its aim 100% of the time, when performed as the tested protocol indicates. Notwithstanding any state regulations that may apply, such as state EPA registration and/or licensing of the operator of a business claiming performance for hire the legal definition of exterminator/pest control.

Heat does kill. However, it must be qualified. How much, how long, what is the coverage (whole fiber/strand/yarn? backing?) What types/strains/species? And do you have the procedure outlines with assurance that all factors are checked and accounted for. All of this information is covered in a registration.

Ben's site does not claim to kill 100 percent of anything and are you saying that his method does not kill any germs or bacteria that might be in the carpet? If his heat kills any than iam fine with his statements. By the way dumb it down a little next time, too many big words!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And for the wood floor - WORN not warn. Maybe have someone with the ability to spell check your website as I spotted numerous grammatical errors.

C

CleaningLA

Man I have never seen so many haters.
Super nice site Ben and great looking trucks.
Also great content on your site.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Dmreed4311 said:
Shawn Forsythe said:
bensurdi said:

Ben's site does not claim to kill 100 percent of anything and are you saying that his method does not kill any germs or bacteria that might be in the carpet? If his heat kills any than iam fine with his statements. By the way dumb it down a little next time, too many big words!

Shawn didn't say Ben was claiming to kill 100% of anything... he is only stating that if you are claiming to kill ANYTHING you have to have the testing to back up your claims, and the process has to be able to do it 100% of the time given any condition without fail.

I worked with a company in Utah who made similar claims in their marketing. I had advised them they need to remove those claims. They shrugged it off, Olson even advised them of the same thing. Needless to say their lawyers about crapped themselves once they ran it by them and they immediately removed the statements.

Use words like improve, healthier, clean, but never use kill, unless you can prove it. All it would take is one smart person, or to clean for a money hungry lawyer to totally send you bankrupt. Clean and sanitize is even sketchy to use, I prefer to use clean and deodorize.

I do like Ben's site as well, and hope it serves his purpose well. I'm not 'hatin' on Ben, I just would never want to see anyone - even if it was someone I strongly disliked lose their business or take a hit that would hurt their family, over something silly as this. We all work too hard to provide for our families, and at the end of the day that is what its all about.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
This does make sense. If you did your babies binkey into a pot of boiling water it sanitizes it. If someone goes online and makes mention to this... are they being foolish and risky by doing so? In my opinion, and it is only an opinion... I am doing the same thing by adding boiling water to carpet at 600 psi with rotary extraction systems that keep continuous heat at the fiber. I haven't had this literally tested by a scientist but I have drawn that conclusion.

However, I may just change it to say "we found that it (helps) remove bacteria, germs etc).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ben that is a kick ass web-site.

Did you get a new truck?

I really like the wrap and your entire company image.
Awesome website! Really nice looking trucks I like the blue too! Do you mind if I copy the text and pictures? Oh I guess I don't need to ask....everyone else is just stealing it! :p J/K

However, I may just change it to say "we found that it (helps) remove bacteria, germs etc).
I would change it, it's just not worth the hassle. You site shows you're working hard on the image, you don't want to fill it with untruths. You especially don't want to be confronted from any consumer protection agency's for false advertising.

It's a fine line, if you follow your attorneys recommendations your text would be so bland no one would use your services. However making risky claims based on unrealistic analogies and not documented science will just land you in hot water over something that can be reworded and still maintain it's impact.

All I can say is I am impressed. Best site I have seen by far.

The truck looks great.

He even advertises in plain sight a 197 min charge and 200 dollars for three rooms.

Good job Ben.

People are always going to hate

Still half the stuff you say is bs but who cares.

Brett

The Author of an allergy book I read used a dry vapor steamer at 300 degrees to kill dust mites in a mattress. It took him around 20 minutes to do a 2' x 2' area.

Bob Foster

bhnc.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Nice website. As good as many I've been looking at.

You're trusting in the power of your truck.
Buy a good vacuum.

Can't find a Pure Guard anywhere. What brand are you using?

Its a world of marketing out there. Provide a product or service that satisfies a client, collect a cheque, go pay your bills, play etc, and be happy. He who markets best and sells most makes the most. Isn't that what its all about?

Mikey P

Administrator
ben

How is that $197 minimum working out?

Do you track how many one roomers you lose over it?

What does a long standing repeat pay to have 150 ft cleaned?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The "real" reviews on the site look suspect.

Only 4 reviews. 2 on Feb 15Th and 2 on Feb 16Th all by "Guest"

This would look very suspicious to prospects that are paying attention.

At least you seem to be working to solicit new ones.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:
ben

$197 minimum?? Good for you. That's probably my job average with furniture.

I'm also in the newly named "highest poverty rate area in the USA"......Youngstown, Ohio.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Most of our competition are using machines powered by lawn mower engines, not automotive turbo diesel engines with big blowers capable of running 3 wands without losing suction.

what is your relief valve set at........

Billy

Name
BH
Mike Draper said:
Unless you are running AT's that are 1-2 yrs old and newer, your plumbing is 2". "restriction".

The BigBearTruck is over 4yrs old now & was plumbed 2.5" from the beginning although not all trucks being built by AT were being plumbed 2.5" at the time.

Name
I'm Rick James
While we have you here Ben I have a couple of questions.

Your site says:

"Pure Clean only uses professional products that are certified by the CRI(carpet & rug institute) the Green Seal GS-37 & Indoor Air Quality Institute"

But you say you use a proprietary products. Did you get them certified through the CRI?

Your site also says:

"Our team is trained on all methods of cleaning textiles, fabrics and hard surfaces and certified by the C.R.I & IICRC"

But the IICRC doesnt show your certifications for you, your brother or your company. Maybe I missed it, you can check it. http://www.certifiedcleaners.org/locator.shtml

You site also says:

"Pure Clean had developed a proprietary water treatment system that uses ion-exchange technology to electrically charge the tap water"

Is this technology that YOU created?

Your site also says:

"Unfortunately many companies in our industry do not practice ethical service standards and will often times mislead the consumer"

Just curious if you know any local ones? Is it because they do shotty work or they misrepresent themselves through their website?

Thanks for clearing it up, im just a curious boy by nature. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
ben

I have a $200 minimum charge with increased rates for what I call the Red zone, which is jobs 25 mile or more away from my location, I use to just refer them to someone else. Anyone in the Green zone !gotcha! are subjected to my regular $99 minimum charge.

But I also use a 23 hp lawn mower engine in my TM which I heard is substandard and not even worth it.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mike Draper said:
You have a 23 hp motor? Lolololhahahaha. Pathetic!

I know I cant believe I actually posted how big my engine is..

I think the hack standard is 30 HP or more to be a real cleaner, not sure you are going to have to ask Waldo. He is the man that sets these standards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom